Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can complain about the City bookings - they were all justified based on what happened (and assuming that dissent was given which we cant tell). Sane and Danilo could very easily have been booked in the first half, and they would also have been justified.
Very possibly true although the same argument could have been made for why was Herrera still on the pitch and why wasn't Young carded in the first half for his blatant handball

Very possibly true although the same argument could have been made for why was Herrera still on the pitch and why wasn't Young carded in the first half for his blatant handball

Oh, I was quite deliberately only talking about those that were given!

I'm not sure what Herrera did to get sent off (was he responsible for one of the late hits when a goal was scored?). Young clearly got away with loads.

In exciting news, the FA Cup semifinal refs are Taylor (Utd-Spurs) and Atkinson (Chel-Soton). With that, I consider the blue touch paper lit, and shall retire to a safe distance.

I'm not sure what Herrera did to get sent off (was he responsible for one of the late hits when a goal was scored?). Young clearly got away with loads.

In exciting news, the FA Cup semifinal refs are Taylor (Utd-Spurs) and Atkinson (Chel-Soton). With that, I consider the blue touch paper lit, and shall retire to a safe distance.
Rags v Chavs final then...

I don't think you can complain about the City bookings - they were all justified based on what happened (and assuming that dissent was given which we cant tell). Sane and Danilo could very easily have been booked in the first half, and they would also have been justified.
Yes and the booking had nothing to do with complete and utter frustration at the referree, because as we all know the officials are impartial. Twice as much possession and yet again we are deemed to have committed the majority of the fouls

Yes and the booking had nothing to do with complete and utter frustration at the referree, because as we all know the officials are impartial. Twice as much possession and yet again we are deemed to have committed the majority of the fouls

I agree entirely that some wouldn't have happened and came from frustration, but the behaviour happened and deserved punishment.

There was a lot of touch and fall going on towards the end, but a lot of them were fouls, and obviously so, even if they were played for. Young and Pogba aside, I don't recall too many bad challenges from Utd players. Lukaku was booked for a stupid trip on Kompany, I forget what Herrera was booked for.
There is grey area of booking when advantage leads to goals, as happened a couple of times - Matic got away with a deliberate block.

I agree entirely that some wouldn't have happened and came from frustration, but the behaviour happened and deserved punishment.

There was a lot of touch and fall going on towards the end, but a lot of them were fouls, and obviously so, even if they were played for. Young and Pogba aside, I don't recall too many bad challenges from Utd players. Lukaku was booked for a stupid trip on Kompany, I forget what Herrera was booked for.
There is grey area of booking when advantage leads to goals, as happened a couple of times - Matic got away with a deliberate block.

I presume you missed the pushes from Lukaku every single time he went up for a header.

I presume you missed the pushes from Lukaku every single time he went up for a header.

Not sure how that follows. Forwards pushing isn't bookable (which is why including them in foul counts is a bit silly when people do). Bad challenges get booked, and as i said, there weren't that many barring the obvious two.

Well, those two will make sure that Haringey and CFC hit the buffers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.