Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Refs/ref squads really sucked this year in the P/L - way too many bad decisions.

I'm really surprised that video review wasn't approved; this suggests that the majority of teams feel that refs screw up in their favor. Which is really surprising.

Conventional wisdom is that the league is better off if the top 6 teams win consistently - so there's a bias, likely unconscious - for refs to rule in favor of top 6 sides.

Moreover, top 6 side stadiums are likely to be very noisy - again creating bias towards these sides.
====
Anyhow, I'm disappointed that video review isn't part of the EPL referring system. And I'm not happy with the performance of our referees this season regardless.

Refs/ref squads really sucked this year in the P/L - way too many bad decisions.

I'm really surprised that video review wasn't approved; this suggests that the majority of teams feel that refs screw up in their favor. Which is really surprising.

Conventional wisdom is that the league is better off if the top 6 teams win consistently - so there's a bias, likely unconscious - for refs to rule in favor of top 6 sides.

Moreover, top 6 side stadiums are likely to be very noisy - again creating bias towards these sides.
====
Anyhow, I'm disappointed that video review isn't part of the EPL referring system. And I'm not happy with the performance of our referees this season regardless.

Not necessarily the case, some of the older grounds are very close to pitch, acoustics are also much better. Some of the most raucous atmospheres are in the older stadiums.

Not necessarily the case, some of the older grounds are very close to pitch, acoustics are also much better. Some of the most raucous atmospheres are in the older stadiums.
Agreed.

Would be interesting to see missed calls in favor of the home side versus decibel noise on pitch.

Anyhow, I still think this year's officiating by-in-large was below par.

====
Unless, of course, you play your home matches in Manchester and wear sky blue shirts, when it becomes quite common for officials to have seletive blindness when fouls are ommited against that team.

Unless, of course, you play your home matches in Manchester and wear sky blue shirts, when it becomes quite common for officials to have seletive blindness when fouls are ommited against that team.

How ref s can give fouls if there aren't any, I don't know. I think you must be having problems with your keyboard razyg ;-)

Agreed.

Would be interesting to see missed calls in favor of the home side versus decibel noise on pitch.

Anyhow, I still think this year's officiating by-in-large was below par.

Definitely.
Of the missed challenges involving City, I have the impression most were away form home (Cardiff, WBA, Newcastle, Palace). The Young/Aguero assault was obviously at home but were many others?

Away, the Kompany early foul vs Leicester went in our favour, and we didn't get one from Ake at Bournemouth.

No but he reffed the match excellently.

Other than rewarding some of the worst dives ive ever seen by Young, ignoring some which should have meant a booking and refusing along with VAR to give a penalty for his handball he did well i agree frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.