Refugee crisis

If you read my post I am criticizing historic failings in planning and spending not suggesting its all gonna be fixed overnight.
I agree this is a historical problem and one we are not prepared or planned for. Therefore we need a period with low migration in order to get back on track. We are currently papering over the cracks.

It's even more apparent having just returned from Iceland where they have a great country in terms of the way it is run. They don't just invest in papering over the cracks, they do it wisely, 100% renewable electricity, investing in ways they can grow more food in a sustainable way. There is no litter on the streets, the people love their country. They also run a budget surplus each year!

330,000 people in a country twice the size of the UK. How many refugees did they accept from the EU? 50.

Yeah Iceland - great country - led us into the world of collapsible banks!! I really wouldn't hold Iceland up as a paragon of what the rest of us should aspire to. They jailed bankers and refused to pay debts in full or at least won't have done so for a number of years yet. So they clean the street and they have renewable electricity - kinda helps that you are sat on a massive natural geothermal "powerplant" giving heat off for free. If they had fronted up and repaid their debts on the nail to clear up part of Europe's mess I suspect their 33k population wouldn't be so happy with their government nor would they be running a surplus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.