Regrets?

After living in Spain and getting a taste for poncy Spanish lager beers I thought I'd give that new stuff that they advertise on TV a try. All very good until the romance of cold Spanish beer in a sunny clime disappeared into the haze as I read on the back...Brewed in Burton On Trent by Moulson Coors Company Ltd
It's an anti climax.

I regret spending so much time in my younger days flapping about things I had no control over, worrying about "what might happen" & cringing about embarrassing things I'd done in the past.
These days, I never dwell on the past, but enjoy the present & look forward to positive events in the future.

I regret spending so much time in my younger days flapping about things I had no control over, worrying about "what might happen" & cringing about embarrassing things I'd done in the past.
These days, I never dwell on the past, but enjoy the present & look forward to positive events in the future.

How did you get over the fear of "what might happen"?
I worry like that too, any advice would be great

How did you get over the fear of "what might happen"?
I worry like that too, any advice would be great

I just stopped trying to overthink things. I was spending hours awake in bed trying to run every possible outcome of situations in my head. Instead, I started to read or listen to music until I fell asleep

I hope I'm saying this in 10/20/30 years, I very much live in the past mental state you've described. I've flown a bit close to the wind with my nerves for most of my adult life (there was actually a series of events that I class as my "before and after"), but I think its definitely true to say that being at home for so long during Covid definitely served all my past discomforts to me on a very very big plate.

I hope I'm saying this in 10/20/30 years, I very much live in the past mental state you've described. I've flown a bit close to the wind with my nerves for most of my adult life (there was actually a series of events that I class as my "before and after"), but I think its definitely true to say that being at home for so long during Covid definitely served all my past discomforts to me on a very very big plate.

Happy to have a PM chat if you want. I was in the lucky position during lockdown to take stock of my work situation, have time to do the maths, get pension quotes, and quantify what I was going to do with my spare time & concluded it was time to take early retirement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.