Regulation of social and digital media

A lot of you think that it doesn't need regulating. Using the most recent example of so called sports journalists using lies and almost hate speech about City.

My post seems to have been taken in the context of politics only. But the issue at hand is fake news, trolls and clickbait rather than which industry it is being used it.

Or does each industry needs to have its own standards i.e. self regulation? I thought the press already had that and yet it doesn't stop any of the fake news, clickbait and twitter trolls.

A lot of you think that it doesn't need regulating. Using the most recent example of so called sports journalists using lies and almost hate speech about City.

My post seems to have been taken in the context of politics only. But the issue at hand is fake news, trolls and clickbait rather than which industry it is being used it.

Or does each industry needs to have its own standards i.e. self regulation? I thought the press already had that and yet it doesn't stop any of the fake news, clickbait and twitter trolls.

The term troll has been hijacked by people who call someone a troll who doesn't subscribe to their views, as for journalism it's a trade with no merit because all of it seems to show bias depending on your point of view, nowadays people want echo chambers not information.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.