Released Academy players

Surprised Patching was released.

He's not kicked a ball for us for a year, and before that he'd fallen behind foden and Brahim by a long way sadly. Looked v promising at one point but he needs to move on and build his career.

What's Marcus Wood like?

He's just signed for us.

As above. Quite versatile and can play in centre mid, full back, etc.

He's quite a gutsy, hard working player with a no frills style. He'll tackle and look to keep it simple. In my opinion he was quite similar to Kean Bryan (though not quite as good) who's gone on to do well in the Football League.

Patching made his debut last night for Notts County.

I’m surprised nobody has picked up Duhaney yet, I think he’d be a very good player in League One

From the little i know,he's a defensive midfielder/utility type.He's a local lad who was quite highly rated at one point.

As above. Quite versatile and can play in centre mid, full back, etc. He's quite a gutsy, hard working player with a no frills style. He'll tackle and look to keep it simple. In my opinion he was quite similar to Kean Bryan (though not quite as good) who's gone on to do well in the Football League.

Ta both.

'Hard working and no frills style' sounds like a Phil Parkinson type of player!

Ta both.

'Hard working and no frills style' sounds like a Phil Parkinson type of player!
Its worth taking a risk on some of our released players as the margins of ability is fine in a lot of cases,so we will get it wrong on occasion and definitely release a gem or two.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/jack-byrne-oldham-athletic-latics-15038255

Oldham Athletic confirm that Jack Byrne has breached discipline rules at the club

"It's been an ongoing saga. Jack has breached a couple of discipline rules and is no longer training with the first team squad. He's training with the youth team for the foreseeable future,"

Doesn't sound great for Byrne, shame I thought he was going to be a player who quickly bounced up the leagues after we sold him to Wigan, he had all the talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.