Released Academy players

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/jack-byrne-oldham-athletic-latics-15038255

Oldham Athletic confirm that Jack Byrne has breached discipline rules at the club

"It's been an ongoing saga. Jack has breached a couple of discipline rules and is no longer training with the first team squad. He's training with the youth team for the foreseeable future,"

Doesn't sound great for Byrne, shame I thought he was going to be a player who quickly bounced up the leagues after we sold him to Wigan, he had all the talent.
Well it seems something has prevented him from progressing at the rate his early ability/talent promised,the last thing i expected it to be is attitude.He appeared very grounded with a focused mentality.

Well it seems something has prevented him from progressing at the rate his early ability/talent promised,the last thing i expected it to be is attitude.He appeared very grounded with a focused mentality.

He got really unlucky post Cambuur. Blackburn changing managers after he joined, then Wigan doing the same, and he got shuffled around a lot. I do think it's very possible that a kid his age who was a big player for a top tier academy - captain of the EDS at times - and who should be playing above that level gets frustrated at how things have gone and maybe acts out a bit that he's in league 2.

Hopefully he gets back into the good graces at Oldham and shows how good he is, gets things moving upwards again.

Patching made his debut last night for Notts County.

I’m surprised nobody has picked up Duhaney yet, I think he’d be a very good player in League One

Picked up by a premier league team! Probably won't see him on Sunday though...

Huddersfield have signed Duhaney, pleased for him that he's found a club, thought he looked a decent player around 12-18 months ago.

Duhaney was always a very good talent. Brahim, Foden, Sancho level? No, but in the group behind that alongside the likes of Dele-Bashiru, and perhaps not far off Nmecha. City defo wanted him to stay, and im not surprised a PL club has come in for him. He's one of the naturally talented ones that has a very good chance of reaching a high level with a little luck/hard work. It may not happen for him of course, but I didn't expect him to drop down to league one or something as he's in a better place career-wise than the likes of Wood and Patching.

What's annoying is some people; including blues will say our academy isn't doing it's job; but a player like Duhaney finding his way to Huddersfield is a massive illustration of both his talent and our academy quality. I haven't watched too many games involving the EDS and the academy over the past 2-3 years like some but I've never had any doubts he was a talent, and he can look to Trippier as an example of what's possible if he applies himself.

Good luck Demeaco.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.