Relegation Fight - 2022/23

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
More iron pyrite with the occasional nugget. When clubs such as Southampton end up having three managers in a season, then subdivisions, cliques, and disharmony amongst the players can only be expected, and because they now have so many young players, who might even have exit clauses, they are not in a strong position to build for immediate promotion.
Do you think they’ll stick with the current manager?
I don’t see them enough, but The Times reckon he’s well suited to team-building/long term project, suggesting he will/should stay.

Either way, they’ve completely wasted that reputation for excellence they had built up a few years ago; for being well run and well-stocked with young talent that could be relied on to be successful elsewhere at a higher level.

Do you think they’ll stick with the current manager?
I don’t see them enough, but The Times reckon he’s well suited to team-building/long term project, suggesting he will/should stay.

Either way, they’ve completely wasted that reputation for excellence they had built up a few years ago; for being well run and well-stocked with young talent that could be relied on to be successful elsewhere at a higher level.
I was under the impression that they were originally keen on Marsch, the lad who Leeds axed, and that they will now probably look to part ways with Selles. I would recommend going for Potter as he has the credentials they need and played for the club, admittedly briefly. As you say, they’ve wasted years of steady progress.

Last edited:
Always thought he was overachieving , attacking style too.
In truth, Southampton had finished the season before poorly as well, so they probably feared a continuation of that poor form into the winter. For all the money in the League, it’s incredible how poorly organised and reactionary so many clubs are.

Southampton sacked Hasenhüttl after he had taken only 12 points from the first 15 games. From the subsequent 21 games, they have taken 12 points.
Exactly. He'd have done better for sure but he wasn't backed enough.

There’s a really insightful article in The Times today about them by Tom Allnutt, with some good (anonymous) quotes from inside the club, which paints a damning picture of what’s gone on.

However, he makes an exception of, and actually names Lavia, as the only one who is viewed internally and externally as having been a real success and worth upward of £40million on the transfer market.
It really frustrates me that I can’t read these articles because the Times has good sports coverage.

Personally I want Leeds and Everton to go down.

I've got nothing against either club but I can't stand Dyche's style of football and I'm hoping this will be the last time Allardyce gets offered a Premier League job.
I agree. League would be better without those two sets of fans too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.