Religion

Labelling it isn't the issue. Time didn't exist until the big bang. The question "what was there before the big bang" is a trick question thrown out to get the answer "we don't know", which then leads to a deity in the minds of those who posed the question. Science doesn't have all the answers. A lack of knowledge doesn't equate to attributing a phenomenon to a higher being.
"Science doesn't have all the answers." Sure and I'd agree that no religion has all the answers either. That might just be the point?
"A lack of knowledge doesn't equate to attributing a phenomenon to a higher being." Agree, though perhaps what could be suggested is that
it is possible to have a 'higher' ('above' lack) knowing of the nature of our own being? From 'darkness', a lesser understanding - to 'Light', a greater understanding?

God initiated the Big Bang according to the Scriptures.
“Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?” (Qur'an 21:30)

and how do you prove they were

"Science doesn't have all the answers." Sure and I'd agree that no religion has all the answers either. That might just be the point?
"A lack of knowledge doesn't equate to attributing a phenomenon to a higher being." Agree, though perhaps what could be suggested is that
it is possible to have a 'higher' ('above' lack) knowing of the nature of our own being? From 'darkness', a lesser understanding - to 'Light', a greater understanding?

you have to demonstrate that this is the case not just say it

No, it might not.
In fact, science has developed detailed answers to most questions mankind ever had.

Religions to every and any question have only 1 answer : God is great.
That's all.

The reason religion just ignore science is clear:
they can't agree to the fact that man is the end product of a billion year long evolution of biological species.

We are biological beings.
Our anatomy is similar to many animals, our DNA too, our brain, even our behaviour. All that is saved on our DNA.

Instead of accepting that you are a biological being you try to find something else that you even can't describe by words.

Mate, accept where you come from and where you go to and inbetween be kind to any other living creature and yourself.
Then be humble and happy.

No, it might not.
In fact, science has developed detailed answers to most questions mankind ever had.

Religions to every and any question have only 1 answer : God is great.
That's all.

The reason religion just ignore science is clear:
they can't agree to the fact that man is the end product of a billion year long evolution of biological species.

We are biological beings.
Our anatomy is similar to many animals, our DNA too, our brain, even our behaviour. All that is saved on our DNA.

Instead of accepting that you are a biological being you try to find something else that you even can't describe by words.

Mate, accept where you come from and where you go to and inbetween be kind to any other living creature and yourself.
Then be humble and happy.
Yet there are whole heaps of scientists that wouldn't agree with the conclusions that you have drawn. But I'll let you find
that our if you want for yourself.

you have to demonstrate that this is the case not just say it
I 'have to?' Says who? That sounds like your church stuff coming on again - trying to enforce a doctrine (you have to demonstrate...)
from the outside rather than open to essence from the inside. How enjoyable was this for you, truly? Did your time in church
bring you great inspiration? If so, why did did you leave; if not, why on earth would you believe that I would want to follow this way?
Seem like you have taken the word 'religion' and substituted it with the word 'science.' Yet has anything changed apart from a bit of window dressing?

Drunken Boxing : Have a few beers then, when people try to place you 'safely' into the box of their own doctrine, find a way to slip/slide
above, beneath, around or even through it.
eg 'I thought I had arfur placed within this box but now it appears that I haven't.'

Yet there are whole heaps of scientists that wouldn't agree with the conclusions that you have drawn. But I'll let you find that our if you want for yourself.

"Fake news", you mean? Some weak reply. Similar to what Galilei or Kopernikus had to face. Ignorance and negativity, and dogma.
Just to defend the own territory and not get involved with someone elses ideas.

Sure you need some knowledge to evaluate quality of sources. There is enough good advice out there.
If you don't want to study, stick to "be kind". You will have some positive feedback.

I 'have to?' Says who? That sounds like your church stuff coming on again - trying to enforce a doctrine (you have to demonstrate...)
from the outside rather than open to essence from the inside. How enjoyable was this for you, truly? Did your time in church
bring you great inspiration? If so, why did did you leave; if not, why on earth would you believe that I would want to follow this way?
Seem like you have taken the word 'religion' and substituted it with the word 'science.' Yet has anything changed apart from a bit of window dressing?

i know you don't "have to" but your inner feelings or whatever you have, for me to believe them, then they have to be demonstrated or they are just words

i could say all sorts that you wouldn't believe until they were demonstrated to be real, what's the difference

and why do you seem to have something against science

More wanting to be free of the cult of the intellectualised head - that cult of which you appear to be a fully paid up member. And
what kinds of behaviours are cultists known for, if someone dare question there 'beloved' fraternity? Someone speaking of the Heart?
Get the pitchforks out!!
So your saying your not of the intellectualised head then, if so why do you write in a style that comes across as if your trying to be exactly that. Are you saying your trying to be blissfully ignorant of science and education? You live on a higher plane of existence unlike us mere mortals. You come across as very condescending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.