Religion

"Fake news", you mean? Some weak reply. Similar to what Galilei or Kopernikus had to face. Ignorance and negativity, and dogma.
Just to defend the own territory and not get involved with someone elses ideas.

Sure you need some knowledge to evaluate quality of sources. There is enough good advice out there.
If you don't want to study, stick to "be kind". You will have some positive feedback.
And education might eventually come to a point of coming to trust 'in here' - and that's what the likes of some martial will teach. Is not so
easy at times and won't particularly be welcomed by anyone attached to only dogma as their source of 'power,' status or whatever - no matter
this is religious, scientific, political etc I mean some seemingly get killed for mentioning stuff which is outside the currently 'accepted norm.'

Too fucking right mate. Nail on the fucking head. If only other posters were so clear about shit and that.
Thank you Brother Bimbo, the transparency of heart, soul and faeces can only enlighten, bring joy and make us a complete whole I feel.

i know you don't "have to" but your inner feelings or whatever you have, for me to believe them, then they have to be demonstrated or they are just words

i could say all sorts that you wouldn't believe until they were demonstrated to be real, what's the difference

and why do you seem to have something against science
Maybe you don't 'have to believe them' and I don't 'have to demonstrate them' - might that be a way through this?

Yes, you could say all sorts of things - like, say, a Donald Trump* - and I can choose whether this is something that
resonates within and you can carry on saying these things. If you are a Donald Trump I might ask quite how do people
believe what he says, as this doesn't make sense for me. And I used to write a lot of stuff on the Donald Trump thread
but just got to the point where I haven't written for a while. I still don't particularly believe him but, for one, it just
seemed to go around in circles. For two, one or two folk posted in such a manner that brought me to a point of
questioning whether there was a different way of me to relate to this.

Am not against science as such - their are some folk that I find really worth listening to. Perhaps it might be said
that I have found some approaches to science get in the way of dealing with everyday, practical life. Just doesn't
work, for me. If others wish to carry on with that then fair enough - but if it feels like folk are are trying to impose
this way on myself then no, thanks.

*I don't mean to say you are a 'donald trump' just this happened to fit in this moment (in part along with the posts on
the Trump thread, this thread has also brought me to question the way I wrote on the Trump thread)

So your saying your not of the intellectualised head then, if so why do you write in a style that comes across as if your trying to be exactly that. Are you saying your trying to be blissfully ignorant of science and education? You live on a higher plane of existence unlike us mere mortals. You come across as very condescending.
What's your proof for my being condescending? Where/how/with what can you measure it? Does it mean that it is true if you believe it to be so? Does it mean that it is true if many others on this thread said it was so? The same people that say that just because many people believe in religion this doesn't mean it's true.
"Are you saying your trying to be blissfully ignorant of science and education?" I might more be questioning the 'how' of the likes of education and what its purpose is for.

In short, outside of here I might read, study, explore for myself in a different ways, across different fields but maybe the simplest way is to walk into a 'fire of the Heart' (best i can describe at the moment) and let it burn the dross of the mind...its just that sometimes one's 'favourite' beliefs/ideas ('sacred cows' if you want) come up for burning and it can be a bit like 'No, I want to hold this idea because it's popular with many and if I let go of it people might call me a mad ****.' So then its a question - hold onto the belief so
as to not risk being seen as a mad ****, by stepping out of the fire...or stay in the fire and let the belief burn, no matter what people might say. The tricky thing is, it is sometimes the beautiful relationships that bring about the greatest fire yet this might fight with the conditioning that one has known before. Can feel like being torn apart.

You may not agree with or understand what I write but this is what the likes of education brought me too (including more informal studies of religion) and it is this process in which I come to feel more grounded on the planet (and maybe that is question to consider : what if what I write is not so much 'what I believe' but more part of a process of coming to feel more alive, more connected on this planet? Different things perhaps - and one involves dropping out of the intellect more than the other, at very least at times...at the risk of being called an uneducated weirdo that writes utter trip/bullshit etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.