Remember it is just another game......

kiam06

I can't believe the hype on this forum about the match, it is just another game and the main thing is we pick up points. The derby used to mean everything to me as it was about the only time we could actually 'achieve' anything against our neighbours but now with the investment and the squad we have the Champions League and silverware to aim for, beating them means nothing.

There is no doubt it my mind that we have a squad that are comfortably capable of disposing of this United side and therefore we should feel confident as a club. We must stay organised as we did against Chelsea and we must concentrate for 98 minutes, if we do this I can see something happening similar to the Liverpool game at home.

Come on City just go out and play your football and we will win.

It's not just another game though is it? We have the best team we've had for years and are currently only 3 points behind them. This game at this moment in time carrys huge importance both on the pitch and off it. We know how cocky and arrogant United fans are from dealing with them day in day out, they're as smug as they come and to come into work tomorrow on the back of a defeat to them is a nightmare. Deep down i'm sure they're worried however most United fans i know are confident, they always are, they always think they're better than us and think they always will be. I'm sure they won't be and we can shut them up with a win tonight and well and truely show that we are to be taken seriously

Derby matches are always important for any team, regardless of standing. Even the rags hold it in high regard, even if they wont admit it. Its the same across the world, its the emotion tied to it that makes it such an important occassion.

Is this a wind-up?

To become the best in the country, we must first become the best team in Manchester. Tonight COULD be a giant step on the way to that. Don't kid yourself - it's a MASSIVE night for both clubs

kiam06 said:
I can't believe the hype on this forum about the match, it is just another game and the main thing is we pick up points. The derby used to mean everything to me as it was about the only time we could actually 'achieve' anything against our neighbours but now with the investment and the squad we have the Champions League and silverware to aim for, beating them means nothing.

There is no doubt it my mind that we have a squad that are comfortably capable of disposing of this United side and therefore we should feel confident as a club. We must stay organised as we did against Chelsea and we must concentrate for 98 minutes, if we do this I can see something happening similar to the Liverpool game at home.

Come on City just go out and play your football and we will win.

Can totally understand where youre coming from but in all honesty it is anything but.

Next year maybe, this year it is the pivotal pointof our season,it really is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.