Remember these T shirts?

Yes remember that shop well used to be packed on match days

Colin used to have the shop further down Claremont Road earlier in the 80s. It was called Soccer World and was opposite the Bee Hive.

The one everyone now remembers on the corner of Maine Road used to be butchers called Bowdons in the 70s and 80s.

Colin was a very big bloke, about 25 stone, not as heavy as his wallet though!

Off topic but the OP reminded me I had one of these, probably got it on one of my regular evening trips down there for viewing purposes, what a couple of weeks that was in the spring of 1990.
5e98c1064e5133.03461712.png

My mate Colin Lund produced all the T-shirts and ran the Soccer 2 shop on the corner of Claremont Road (Blue Moon chippy backed on to it)

He also held the licence for all the stalls down Sir Matt Busby Way at Old Trafford.

Made a lot of money.

Used to travel to away games with him and his young lad Darren, even went to Florida with them to see City in 1991, although the Alan Hudson tournament got cancelled.

Colin also brought out a line of City Shell suits which I wore to the FA Youth Cup Final at Watford's Vicarage Lane, must be late 80s?

Yes Tolmie, I was there it was 1989 with the likes of Michael Hughes, Ged Taggart and Ashley Ward for us and David James for them. They had a small black lad up front called Rod McDonald who I thought was going to be a star.

Yes Tolmie, I was there it was 1989 with the likes of Michael Hughes, Ged Taggart and Ashley Ward for us and David James for them. They had a small black lad up front called Rod McDonald who I thought was going to be a star.

Rod Thomas, wasn't it?

The other guy wears a clown suit and sells Big Macs!

These, and the Strangeways shirt, all look like the sort of stuff my lad would wear now...its crazy that they all consider 90's stuff as cool retro gear :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.