Rememberance Programme (Airdrie F*ck Up)

20sbc07 said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
The German soldiers went to fight for their country just like the British. Remembrance day is for ALL soldiers not just British so I don't see the problem at all.

They weren't exactly fighting for their country, they were fighting against other countries.
The british troops were fighting to defend our country and others, The german troops were fighting to expand their land and invade other countries.
Big difference :)

the majority of german troops were fighting because they had no choice on the matter,they would have no doubt been executed if they had refused

marco said:
very strange and quite a mistake, but i dont actally find it offensive and i'm quite sure many of the nazi solders would have rather been at home with there wives and girlfreinds insted of being conscripted and made to fight, i'm led to beleive and would stand corrected if anyone knows but poppy day is for all those fallen of all countrys does this include the losses of our enemies from over the years which of course applies to Tevez when he observed silence on sat.
another strange article was about the german nazi bomber pilots who were killed in action over london they were given military funerals complete with the nazi flag and gun salute before being laid to rest in the cemetries around london.

The differencial you are missing out on here is that the majority of the German forces were made up of ordinary German soldiers and Airmen who indeed would rather have have stayed at home.
Your true Nazi, however, was fighting for the supremacy of the "master" race and would generally fight to the death, with every added kill being for the greater good.
No-one should mourn the true Nazi's who felt it was morally correct to execute millions of Jews, Homosexuals, people with disabilities, and endorsed Genocide.
Every German was certainly not a Nazi!

Bert Trautmanns Neck Brace said:
marco said:
very strange and quite a mistake, but i dont actally find it offensive and i'm quite sure many of the nazi solders would have rather been at home with there wives and girlfreinds insted of being conscripted and made to fight, i'm led to beleive and would stand corrected if anyone knows but poppy day is for all those fallen of all countrys does this include the losses of our enemies from over the years which of course applies to Tevez when he observed silence on sat.
another strange article was about the german nazi bomber pilots who were killed in action over london they were given military funerals complete with the nazi flag and gun salute before being laid to rest in the cemetries around london.

The differencial you are missing out on here is that the majority of the German forces were made up of ordinary German soldiers and Airmen who indeed would rather have have stayed at home.
Your true Nazi, however, was fighting for the supremacy of the "master" race and would generally fight to the death, with every added kill being for the greater good.
No-one should mourn the true Nazi's who felt it was morally correct to execute millions of Jews, Homosexuals, people with disabilities, and endorsed Genocide.
Every German was certainly not a Nazi!
this is correct and well pointed out the german infantry being made up of reg solders but then ofcours it was brainwashed from the hitler youth up to the SS

Airdrie fans are scum who's casuals 'Section B' usually give nazi signs at games. Club tried to blame Poppyscotland saying they got picture off their website, Poppyscotland deny this as they do not have this piture on website. Wouldn't be surprised if someone in the club used that picture thinking no one would notice.
As the song goes:

Section B wank wank wank,
Section B wank wank wank.

fitzy_gmfc said:
Airdrie fans are scum who's casuals 'Section B' usually give nazi signs at games. Club tried to blame Poppyscotland saying they got picture off their website, Poppyscotland deny this as they do not have this piture on website. Wouldn't be surprised if someone in the club used that picture thinking no one would notice.
As the song goes:

Section B wank wank wank,
Section B wank wank wank.
you mean used the photo on purpose

was trying to be diplomatic, but yes used it on purpose<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:03 am --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHlkuIOQydI&feature=geosearch" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHlkuIOQ ... =geosearch</a>

just to show what theirs fans are like incase you thought I was talking shite

marco said:
20sbc07 said:
They weren't exactly fighting for their country, they were fighting against other countries.
The british troops were fighting to defend our country and others, The german troops were fighting to expand their land and invade other countries.
Big difference :)

the majority of german troops were fighting because they had no choice on the matter,they would have no doubt been executed if they had refused

Question a honest one at that. Is Nov 11th observed in Germany?

Re: Remembrance Programme (Airdrie F*ck Up)

we have to remember our bert trautmann was an ex german paratrooper, i actually parachuted with the german parachute brigade in 74 when on nato exercise, great set of lads still up for it even then, but they were amazed when we fixed bayonets and chased these belgians out of this town in germany, afterwards they were cheering and jumping around because they were not allowed to be as aggressive? i am sure their were thousands who did not want to go to war, well the ones who had not been brainwashed with the nazi propaganda machine, berts falshenjegger regiment were some of the bravest soldiers ever to wear a uniform, but in any conflict situation it is the politicians who start wars not the army? but going back to the remembrance programme, we in this country used to have the best sense of humour in the world so it should be taken with humour?

stumpy_mcfc said:
marco said:

Question a honest one at that. Is Nov 11th observed in Germany?

info for you m8.

The German national day of mourning is the secular public holiday of Volkstrauertag, which since 1952 has been observed two Sundays before the first Sunday of Advent; in practice this is the Sunday closest to the 16 November. The anniversary of the Armistice itself is not observed in Germany.

Each of the major German churches has its own festivals for commemorating the dead, observed in November: All Souls Day in the case of the Roman Catholic Church, Ewigkeitssonntag, or "Eternity Sunday" in the case of the Lutheran church.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.