Remembering Yaya!

Incredible player in his prime which was with us, even if on signing he was described as an average player who didnt score or create goals by Merson his stats disprove that.

Nowhere near as good.

Toure, Tevez and Kompany are the three most important, impactful players of the past 10 years; perhaps Aguero too,
Even last year, it wasn’t David Silva pinging in 30 yarders into top corners out of nowhere to change the course of the title race.
Neither was Yaya in his last two seasons here, he was too busy grazing in and around the centre circle like a lazy overweight buffalo.

David Silva is still doing the business now, not pinging in 30 yarders but still bamboozling defenders!

As impact players, I can't really argue. On the pitch I can't disagree. However, just a shame that Yaya and Tevez chose to make as much impact off the pitch various antics and incedents that cast the club in a bad light!

As good as Yaya was in his prime, he played his last three seasons a shadow of his former magnificent self, especially the last two like I said, and I don't remember any 30 yarders in his last two seasons.

Tevez was a great player for us as was Yaya, but they will not be(never will be) revered as true club legends in the same light as former players Zabaleta and captain Kompany. Same goes with three of our current players, Silva Aguero, and to a slightly lesser extent Fernandinho.

None of those five aforementioned players have ever disrespected the club, the management or fans, and that is highly commendable I think.

Vinny summed it up best:
"Whatever the problem , the answer was always YaYa."
Best player I've ever seen at City (YaYa, not Vinny, although Vinny was great. YaYa was, IMHO, the best).

What a brilliant quote that is and as you quite rightly suggest it sums him up perfectly, at his (their) peak, him and Fern make my best City 11 in my lifetime all day every day.

Incredible player in his prime which was with us, even if on signing he was described as an average player who didnt score or create goals by Merson his stats disprove that.

Possibly (probably) the most ridiculous comment from a pundit/ex- professional I've ever heard, if I was in charge Merson would have been sacked the moment those words left his mouth, even "love bites an evryfin" couldn't redeem him.

Possibly (probably) the most ridiculous comment from a pundit/ex- professional I've ever heard, if I was in charge Merson would have been sacked the moment those words left his mouth, even "love bites an evryfin" couldn't redeem him.

Mike parry on talkshite in discussion with a city fan on the signings??? yaya toure never heard of him, David silva same reply.these are the people were up against

One of the best midfielders to ever play the game of football, not just as a City player...EVER.

Mike parry on talkshite in discussion with a city fan on the signings??? yaya toure never heard of him, David silva same reply.these are the people were up against

He's another fucker mate, although he can be forgiven to some extent for not actually being an ex pro, to my knowledge anyway, there was also a fat twat who said words to the effect of "£25 million for a defensive midfielder", what some of these know about football you could write on an ants left bollock.

It was like having a massive advantage over the opposition having him in our team, At his peak he was unplayable, At one point everytime he took a free kick you'd expect him to score, He was like a freight train going forward but majestic on the ball, even his passing was superb. Aside from a few daft antics of the pitch he's definitely one of our best servants of the club!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.