Remembering Yaya!

That's not what I said though, is it?

A "moment of a season" is not the same as a "career defining season"

Learn to read.
Fuck me you’re a bit defensive today aren’t you, hope you’ve been taking the blood pressure tablets.

If ever there was a career defining season for Aguero, however you like to word it, that is it. That season will never be remembered as anything but the year Aguero won the league, we even have a song about it. Yes it was due to a specific moment but it defined a season.

I guess I’m not allowed an opinion!! ;)

Fuck me you’re a bit defensive today aren’t you, hope you’ve been taking the blood pressure tablets.

If ever there was a career defining season for Aguero, however you like to word it, that is it. That season will never be remembered as anything but the year Aguero won the league, we even have a song about it. Yes it was due to a specific moment but it defined a season.

I guess I’m not allowed an opinion!! ;)

I don't like when people misquote or contort what I've said. A career defining season is very clearly different to a season defining moment, and yet you accidentally or deliberately mixed the 2 up.

So you think 11/12 is the season that defines Aguero's career? The one where he peaked, he was at his very best? 23 years old, 3rd in the golden boot standings, normally playing behind another striker or pushed out wide. Comparable to Yaya's 13/14?

Not a chance IMO. It was a good season for him, a great debut season, and the 93.20 moment defined the season and will surely be a career highlight, but that season as a whole does not stand alone as greater than all his others, those weren't the best performances of his life, he wasn't even playing in the role he's spent 90% of his City career a lot of the time.

Last edited:
So you think 11/12 is the season that defines Aguero's career? The one where he peaked, he was at his very best? 23 years old, 3rd in the golden boot standings, normally playing behind another striker. Comparable to Yaya's 13/14?

No chance. It was a good season for him, a great debut season, and the 93.20 moment defined the season, but that season as a whole does not stand alone as greater than all his others, those weren't the best performances of his life.
It depends on interpretation but I don’t see how winning the league title in such a dramatic way in your first season at a new club who haven’t won the league for so long can’t be classed as a career defining season. He will be forever known as Aguerooooo on the back of winning the league that season. If you ask anyone outside the City bubble whether they remember Aguero 11/12 or Toure 13/14, I can absolutely guarantee which one they’ll remember.

I see you’ve added an extra paragraph in addition to what I replied to, in response I didn’t contort or misquote anything at all in any way shape or form. I simply believe they are part of the same thing, so get off your high horse.

It depends on interpretation but I don’t see how winning the league title in such a dramatic way in your first season at a new club who haven’t won the league for so long can’t be classed as a career defining season. He will be forever known as Aguerooooo on the back of winning the league that season. If you ask anyone outside the City bubble whether they remember Aguero 11/12 or Toure 13/14, I can absolutely guarantee which one they’ll remember.

I've just written an entire comment explaining exactly why 11/12 wasn't the season which defines Aguero's career and you've completely ignored it so I don't think I'll bother carrying this on.

Mmmm, I can’t think of a career defining moment of a season Aguero had either, fucking useless little bastard!!!!

As for Yaya, the less said the better. All the ability in the world but a complete fucking prick.
The only kind of City fan who thinks Yaya is a complete prick based solely on media tittle tattle is probably one himself

I've just written an entire comment explaining exactly why 11/12 wasn't the season which defines Aguero's career and you've completely ignored it so I don't think I'll bother carrying this on.
It was edited 7 minutes ago, after I’d started writing a reply so pipe down and like a said get off the high horse.

The only kind of City fan who thinks Yaya is a complete prick based solely on media tittle tattle is probably one himself
That’s why he got the same reception as Vinny and Zabaleta I guess, oh he didn’t...... must be a good few more of my “kind of City fan” I guess.

That’s why he got the same reception as Vinny and Zabaleta I guess, oh he didn’t...... must be a good few more of my “kind of City fan” I guess.
He got a fucking fantastic reception. There are always miserable fuckers prepared to believe what they read in the papers.

Absolute legend and on a par with anyone of the last decade. Not particularly bothered about the agent nonsense as he did it for City on so many important occasions. His lung-busting runs were for me at least, the most exciting things I've ever seen watching football. Watching the momentum of the run build with Ya Ya driving through and swatting away anyone who came near him, just wished he'd taken a shot at the end of them more often. Pay him some more !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.