Remembrance Sunday

Just attended service at local war memorial in Sutton to pay respects to not only all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, those men and women in our armed forces but also those who were killed and injured on this day in 1987 in Enniskillen

We will remember them

OK I'll be the first to post the controversial point of view. Utmost respect to those who paid the highest price but I don't really fall for the whole propoganda poppy thing. Surely the best way to respect people who died would be to prevent anything like that ever happening again. We live in a world where governments are lobbied by arms dealers to spend more and more taxpayers money on defence. Without wars these companies are obsolete. If the CEO's of major arms dealers and politicians had to fight on the front line, wars would end tomorrow.

OK I'll be the first to post the controversial point of view. Utmost respect to those who paid the highest price but I don't really fall for the whole propoganda poppy thing. Surely the best way to respect people who died would be to prevent anything like that ever happening again. We live in a world where governments are lobbied by arms dealers to spend more and more taxpayers money on defence. Without wars these companies are obsolete. If the CEO's of major arms dealers and politicians had to fight on the front line, wars would end tomorrow.

The monies raised from the sales of poppies every year provides enough funding for the RBL and SSAFA to assist veterans who are in need either physically, mentally or financialy

The monies raised from the sales of poppies every year provides enough funding for the RBL and SSAFA to assist veterans who are in need either physically, mentally or financialy
If £167billion wasn't spent on trident they needn't beg for pennies.

Just back from the service at my local church and war memorial.great turn out and good see youngsters representing too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.