Remembrance Sunday

The monies raised from the sales of poppies every year provides enough funding for the RBL and SSAFA to assist veterans who are in need either physically, mentally or financialy
This.

The poppy is to raise money for the people and families still fighting, mentally, physically, financially the affects of serving their country.

They served for the good of the nation, whether they agreed with the policies of their time, is irrelevant.

They put themselves on the line, I for one would crap myself in a 100th of the situations those people were put in.

OK I'll be the first to post the controversial point of view. Utmost respect to those who paid the highest price but I don't really fall for the whole propoganda poppy thing. Surely the best way to respect people who died would be to prevent anything like that ever happening again. We live in a world where governments are lobbied by arms dealers to spend more and more taxpayers money on defence. Without wars these companies are obsolete. If the CEO's of major arms dealers and politicians had to fight on the front line, wars would end tomorrow.
I've read and enjoyed many of your posts but this one is in the wrong place at the wrong time. You have gone down in my estimation.

OK I'll be the first to post the controversial point of view. Utmost respect to those who paid the highest price but I don't really fall for the whole propoganda poppy thing. Surely the best way to respect people who died would be to prevent anything like that ever happening again. We live in a world where governments are lobbied by arms dealers to spend more and more taxpayers money on defence. Without wars these companies are obsolete. If the CEO's of major arms dealers and politicians had to fight on the front line, wars would end tomorrow.
If your fishing, well done. If not go back to bed, you don't have to comment on every thread just to try and create an argument! It's pathetic.

What a fuckin weapon

Corbyn looked like he couldn't give a shit today, bet he hated every moment.

Text from my auntie Lynne...

'Dad to Northern Europe, Grandpa Bates to Egypt, Grandpa Lloyd to the Holy Land. Sensitive men all of them who left to fight and came home changed. Xx'

Never forget.

Text from my auntie Lynne...

'Dad to Northern Europe, Grandpa Bates to Egypt, Grandpa Lloyd to the Holy Land. Sensitive men all of them who left to fight and came home changed. Xx'

Never forget.
That sums it up for me too Roj, it's more about people, real people who's lives were changed forever. If you want to wear a poppy that's great, if you just want to reflect and remember that's great too?

Pitiful

Wars would end Tomorrow! What a load of bollocks, most armies, militia, air forces, navies, territorials even fuckin terrorist groups are volunteers, they are there because they want to be there, they want to fight with someone, if every arms factory in the World closed Tomorrow these volunteers would pick up rocks and fashion some kind of weapons and carry on fighting each other somehow, it's what humans do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.