Report that Guardiola plans to sell Silva [according to Twitter ITK]

He seemed back to normal on the ball - weaving in and out of players and challenges, but lacked the final ball. Don't know how much to put that down to Spurs- they do have the best defence in the league I suppose, so it's to be expected they'd struggle.

Did you notice the ball he played for Clichy for the goal mate? That was the classic Silva pass, I'd bet he's played more of those passes that have led to goals than actual assists. I thought he played some excellent through balls in the second half, but he clearly looked a long way short of being fully fit.

I think Pep will make a lot less changes to the squad than most people expect (or hope). To me the most notable thing he has done at Bayern has been to teach many players to play in different positions, to the point of making the team almost immune to injuries. I think he will do the same for City, so we will find old players in new roles next season.
And as for the amount of running he will demand from his players. Well at Bayern there is room for Alonso who is even less mobile than Yaya. It is more a question about how you run than about how much I think. The players that will go will be the ones who cannot follow the elaborate tactical plan of the master. Silva is such an intelligent player that I think he will not have any problems adopting. But probably not in the position we expect.
Surely Pep will also be buying players and I fully expect Yaya to leave.

If I tweeted that I was "ITK" and had heard a report that Pep was going to sell Kun, David, Vincent, KDB and Hart and build a team around Bony and Mangala, how many folk would believe it?

Would it be worthy of discussion?

Of course it wouldn't.

Who bothers with this nonsense on the internet?

JJ

Would be gutted if Merlin was sold but gotta trust pep I guess! Merlin out Isco in I could handle thoigh

Our main weakness is at central midfield and I think Pep will make it a priority to overhaul that and no coincidence that Pogba and Busquetts have been the most linked players with us since Pep's announcement.
Well, in fairness neither have been the most linked to us since the announcement. Pogba was linked to us more before the announcement and less after. Busquet was linked via an interview he gave. In my opinion, the interview was more of a ' I love Pep' than a 'I think I might be joining Ciry' article.

Especially in light of the fact that the tabloids purposely took his statements out of context, or better put, intentionally reported them in an incomplete manner.

Wiegl, Sane, Xhaka, Stones and Laporte would however fall in that category of being moat linked to us with specific regards to Pep.

Nonsense right back at ya.

One, you'll find out soon enough when Pep takes over but he does not make a habit of divulging his plans to many people nevermind broadcasting it through ITK tweetbots - never happening.

Two, nothing in what you wrote refuted what I said about Silva & Nasri.

Three, Robben was not a disciplinary problem like Nasri has been and Samir has never reached Robben's levels as a player...ever. Daft to even compare the two and I don't even like Arjen Robben.
My friend, you will quickly learn that Sheal has a weak understanding of how arguments work, and what the limit of an argument is.

He would draw you into his own preconceived beliefs and accuse U of positions you never espoused simply because you didn't state up front that you don't subscribe to them.

Discussions with Shael can be quite frustrating. Not to mention his penchant for insulting without understanding. Overall, schooling him is always a thrill.

Oh, you can expect to be accused of being someone else. Another Shael 'go to' move.

My advice, enjoy the exchange. You are unlikely to learn anything. But the process I find is worth the effort. :)

I keep hearing this about not having sentiment and other similar statements.
Keeping Silva isn't sentiment, it's keeping one of the best players in his position in Europe.
I imagine he'll very much be a part of our first 11.

Not anymore he isn't mate.

Put it this way, if Silva was currently at another club and had been as mediocre as he has this season, would anyone on here be salivating over the thought of signing him this Summer?

He's still a good player. He'll always be a fucking legend but his best days are behind him and you cannot build an elite team around that.

Not anymore he isn't mate.

Put it this way, if Silva was currently at another club and had been as mediocre as he has this season, would anyone on here be salivating over the thought of signing him this Summer?

He's still a good player. He'll always be a fucking legend but his best days are behind him and you cannot build an elite team around that.
He's been mediocre for three months, was exceptional for the first two and knowing what he's capable of, I'd be buzzing if we were signing somebody with his ability.
I disagree that his best days are behind him. He's 30, doesn't rely on pace and plays in a way that could see him have another 2 years at the very top if his ankle problems can be sorted.
You don't have to build an elite team around him, you do have to include him if you want your team to be elite though.

My friend, you will quickly learn that Sheal has a weak understanding of how arguments work, and what the limit of an argument is.

He would draw you into his own preconceived beliefs and accuse U of positions you never espoused simply because you didn't state up front that you don't subscribe to them.

Discussions with Shael can be quite frustrating. Not to mention his penchant for insulting without understanding. Overall, schooling him is always a thrill.

Oh, you can expect to be accused of being someone else. Another Shael 'go to' move.

My advice, enjoy the exchange. You are unlikely to learn anything. But the process I find is worth the effort. :)

Cheers for the post & advice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.