Response to Bayern Munich fans banners for next week

200 page thread with City fans falling out on here unable to agree on a slogan.

Only for on match day the man or women on the gate at the away end to say your not bringing that in.

They'll hate this because of the phrase "Bayern dusel" (Google the phrase, basically an equivalent of Fergie Time)

Basically says "Bayern dusel can't help you now"

Obviously only put it up near the end of the game when they definitely can't win
better translation would be "Bayern-Dusel kann euch jetzt nicht helfen" : "dir" is for a single individual, "euch" is the plural. Or shorter and sweeter, "den Bayern kein Dusel." (better still to be honest, just beat them on the pitch)

better translation would be "Bayern-Dusel kann euch jetzt nicht helfen" : "dir" is for a single individual, "euch" is the plural. Or shorter and sweeter, "den Bayern kein Dusel." (better still to be honest, just beat them on the pitch)
From the political threads, Dusel was used by the Nazis to decry humanitarian ideals. It's a bit odd to be thinking of Nazi references when our own government (Braverman in particular) is the one evoking the language of 1930s Germany.

Anyway, wouldn't it be Ihnen not euch? I mean, we're not on first name terms with Bayern fans (except perhaps those in Tony's Chippy before the game).

football for the fans

set of scales with

bundesliga logo being outweighed by bayern and sponsors logos

could someone mock that up for bluemoon ?
I get your point; they're hypocrites - and that they're mad arses - but if we were going to retaliate with a banner questioning their sponsorships, think how this would be portrayed by everyone else.

The media and other fans aren't going to hear 'but they started it'.

It will be all the usual, oil money, sugar daddy, state owned cheats etc., and they're under investigation for financial doping too, yet City fans have the audacity to hold up a banner having a dig at Bayern's sponsors! We'll get slated mate.

I really, really hope we just rise above it and forget about any tit-for-tat response.

From the political threads, Dusel was used by the Nazis to decry humanitarian ideals. It's a bit odd to be thinking of Nazi references when our own government (Braverman in particular) is the one evoking the language of 1930s Germany.

Anyway, wouldn't it be Ihnen not euch? I mean, we're not on first name terms with Bayern fans (except perhaps those in Tony's Chippy before the game).
"Bayern-Dusel" is very widely used in Germany (e.g. in a headline in the Bild yesterday) so I doubt they regard it as having those connotations. Fair point on the du/Sie thing though, it's a fucking minefield.

I get your point; they're hypocrites - and that they're mad arses - but if we were going to retaliate with a banner questioning their sponsorships, think how this would be portrayed by everyone else.

The media and other fans aren't going to hear 'but they started it'.

It will be all the usual, oil money, sugar daddy, state owned cheats etc., and they're under investigation for financial doping too, yet City fans have the audacity to hold up a banner having a dig at Bayern's sponsors! We'll get slated mate.

I really, really hope we just rise above it and forget about any tit-for-tat response.
Fuck the media :) They think and say what they like anyway. Their red top surrogates see to that and as I've recently seen in Bangkok they have an inexhaustible supply of disciples worldwide to lap up their narrative

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.