Return of Supporters

I went with the misses to get tested at Aintree yesterday (I’ve been working over Xmas in London and Leeds) she needs the Test because she’s going to the City match tonight (she’s an Evertonian) so they need testing before they go to the match and get there for 18:15 tonight and show proof of negative test and ID. No food and drink on sale. Just seems too much hassle to me.
Yeah, don't think I could be arsed going through that just to watch a game in a virtually empty stadium.

Madness to even think of opening up stadiums. You aren’t allowed to sit in a socially distanced restaurant but you’re allowing a few thousand people to attend the same event.

And I don’t think it’s an issue per se in the stadium but don’t tell me people won’t at some point be bunched together ie when they travel, or getting in through security or getting a “takeaway pint” from a pub trying to make a buck.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't think I could be arsed going through that just to watch a game in a virtually empty stadium.
Insanity is the only word for that but then I have supported City for 50 years so maybe you get complacent after a while.

No chance of supporters for a year. Letting 2000 in was a joke where they did. The government only cares about money so the fact that football generates money..... Funny that Dorset was in tier one where the Eton twats live

I don't think fans should be in the stadiums for several reasons: it's unfair on teams who can't have fans in the stadium and it changes the rules throughout the season.

But the single most important rule is very simple: it sends a really, really bad signal that life is somehow on track to get back to normal. When someone is allowed to have family over for Christmas, then potentially can sit in a football stadium it's a big hint for them to "get back to normal". It just shouldn't be happening, full stop.

I genuinely can't understand why anyone would want to go for a medical test, wait for the result, then go to a a stadium with no food or drink in or around it. Then sitting in the open air, with a mask on, watching a game where there's a possibility you could catch corona (I know, it's small but still).

Maybe I'm not as big a fan as anyone else!

Eton is in Berkshire mate

Not to put words in his mouth, but I got the impression that he meant that people who went to Eton are more likely to come from or live in Dorset, not that Eton is actually in Dorset. Not sure what he is basing that perception on, perhaps on it being a West Country shire county and the fact that Oliver Letwin (former MP for west Dorset) went to Eton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.