Return of Supporters

If the fans going on the train arnt bused in from either Watford or Euston what is the point of a covid secure train?
If they are bused in as this is a test event what's that proving as no fans are doing this in normal circumstances?
Don't get it

Sorry then I’m a mug. It’s a test event designed to help get more fans into future events. Before the ‘roadmap’ actually allows. This isn’t going to be the norm. It’s an experiment. I’m not overly happy paying when others may not but £50 for a cat 1 ticket is at least less than a normal final price. For me the inconvenience is getting a test the day before (be nice to be out of the house two days running :-) and then drive down on the day. No big deal. Can’t wait to see the boys in the flesh again, last time was at the Sty for that 2-0 defeat. Need cleansing.
Mug was the wrong word to use but everything else @jrb said was bang on the money IMO. As he said, outdoor mixing at bars, etc, is now allowed and is free of many of the restrictions that are being imposed at this game. And how it can be deemed to be fair to charge fans of either club for tickets when Brent residents get them for free is beyond my comprehension. Presenting a negative test result beforehand I have no issues with but pretty much everything else is a piss-take

Driving down is arguably the least worst option of the three so you'll probably have a more enjoyable day than most of those travelling by train or coach. I've done my fair share of journeys on official club coaches down the years and even in those non-Covid times they were devoid of any fun so God knows what it'll be like this time.

Am i taking it right that if i drive down the car parking is free at Wembley ??

• rain: 750 spaces priced at £80 for Standard Class and £130 for First Class
  • Coach: 750 spaces priced at £50
  • Car: 250 spaces

Mug was the wrong word to use but everything else @jrb said was bang on the money IMO. As he said, outdoor mixing at bars, etc, is now allowed and is free of many of the restrictions that are being imposed at this game. And how it can be deemed to be fair to charge fans of either club for tickets when Brent residents get them for free is beyond my comprehension. Presenting a negative test result beforehand I have no issues with but pretty much everything else is a piss-take

Driving down is arguably the least worst option of the three so you'll probably have a more enjoyable day than most of those travelling by train or coach. I've done my fair share of journeys on official club coaches down the years and even in those non-Covid times they were devoid of any fun so God knows what it'll be like this time.
I agree with you. Good luck to those that are going but I also think City are doing the wrong thing with these tickets.Surely they could have had a lottery for season ticket holders to give everyone a chance of getting a ticket rather than just the usual fans ? If we get to the fa cup final and have a similar allocation do the same fans get the tickets again ? Why not have two lottery draws and a rule that if you get a ticket for LC final then you can't enter the draw for the fa cup final ? Also, why doesn't the club pay transport costs as a measure of goodwill to the loyal fans ? It would be a good gesture !

I agree that some of the measures aren’t good but it’s hardly the first time we’ve had draconian measures imposed on us as travelling fans. It’s not put me off before and it won’t for this when I have the chance of going to a cup final. Especially after the last 12 months or so have been hell.

I agree with you. Good luck to those that are going but I also think City are doing the wrong thing with these tickets.Surely they could have had a lottery for season ticket holders to give everyone a chance of getting a ticket rather than just the usual fans ? If we get to the fa cup final and have a similar allocation do the same fans get the tickets again ? Why not have two lottery draws and a rule that if you get a ticket for LC final then you can't enter the draw for the fa cup final ? Also, why doesn't the club pay transport costs as a measure of goodwill to the loyal fans ? It would be a good gesture !
Because when tickets are restricted for games loyalty points have always been used so I disagree especially that LC would in any way be the same as FA cup final and one should exclude the other if successful. Although I agree regarding transport costs. This would have made a nice gesture.

All the best to the Blues who will be making the journey to Wembley. Fingers crossed, we will add more silverware and the club joiner will have to extend the trophy cabinet again!

I think the restrictions are excessive and i agree with much of the statement. I am postcoded out from applying for a ticket (although I wasn’t planning on going anyway). Good luck to the Blues going who will be amongst our most diehard fans. Come on City!!

Am i taking it right that if i drive down the car parking is free at Wembley ??

• rain: 750 spaces priced at £80 for Standard Class and £130 for First Class
  • Coach: 750 spaces priced at £50
  • Car: 250 spaces
All this Covid pandemic and do's & dont's rules you've got to follow plus tests you need to do. Yet they still manage to have 1st and Standard class on the special trains !
Wonder what the extra £50 for a 1st class ticket get you ? A silk face mask !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.