Return of Supporters

Indeed. I know a good number of people like that. Mates who couldn’t justify the price rise the year that seasoncards went up by £75, as they have families.

My Dad gave up his seasoncard in around 2006, he’s still got his Supporter Number and a few thousand points. I’ve got many more points than him but I’m still nowhere near him when it comes to City games attended (his first game was 1964)

My Grandad (Mother’s Father) has no points at all and hasn’t been to a game for about 25 years, but I haven’t been to as many City games as him neither (his first game was 1945).
Think there will be a fair few citizen members that have more games than some with quite a few points and have spent a fair bit over the years that deserve at least a shot in the ballot.

Unsuccessful. Disappointed obviously, but I'll live.

Means I can watch the Monaco GP live now though, so not all bad.

I understand the frustrations of many but a few are making tits of themselves with their sense of entitlement.

IMO and FWIW, for a home league game, then all SC holders are equal. I don't care how many points you've got and how many years you've done tbh. If you bought a SC the last time they were available then you should've got an equal shot.

So, to me, giving some to "Cityzens" and guaranteed for those above 22k are as bad as each other. But this is in hindsight and I may've felt differently if I'd been successful. Who knows?

I don't envy the club(s) or Fan Reps because they're on an absolute hiding to nothing. They were never going to please everyone, or even the majority.

I would though advise those CM reps to stay off the thread for a bit and not get involved in slanging matches. It's not a great look. There are plenty of others defending you. Let everyone vent and wait for the dust to settle...

Good luck to those who go, have a great day and sing one for me.

Those who didn't will just have to suck it up, like the rest of us.
No matter what City opted for, or what City Matters suggested, people would would be disgusted with them for whatever reason.

Over the last five years or so, I find the away games that eventually sell out on low points are the ones with the best atmospheres; whereas often the ones that sell out on high points are full of people who’ve done it all so many times before, it can take a lot for them to get a good atmosphere going. I find the FA Cup games that sell out with lots of lesser seen fans often have a better atmosphere than the Prem games where all the usual seasoncard holders turn up.

They should have given 26,000 fans the option to choose one of the last 3 games only.
If you go to Wembley you can’t apply for Champs League or Everton and Vice Versa.
That way upto 26,000 fans would have had a better opportunity to attend 1 of these 3 games not the same people going to them all.
It’s done it for me now this,
Going since 77, been all over the country over the years,
I won’t be renewing , I’d rather give Sky my money and that’s saying something !
I wouldn’t be suprised if the 10k at Everton have been hand picked due to what they have previously spent at games in the souvenir shop.
I’d imagine a similar crowd to a champs league game when a load of strangers appear out of nowhere!
How are we supposed to increase points when we don’t get a sniff in the 1st place!
Absolutely fuming!

Think there will be a fair few citizen members that have more games than some with quite a few points and have spent a fair bit over the years that deserve at least a shot in the ballot.
Exactly.
Both my sons were S/C holders until they went away to uni and still go to matches when they’re home. Had it been a normal season they would have had ample points to buy a ticket for this match even though it is the last game of the season. No reason why they shouldn’t have been in the ballot as they will have more points than quite a few current S/C holders. As I said earlier one way to have made it fairer would have been to do multiple ballots with increased points giving a higher chance of winning but still a chance for everyone who goes regularly. But the system used was a reasonable compromise imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.