Return of Supporters

Have been told City have now factored in and done the modelling for no fans to return until the start of next season.

GMPTE also has serious concerns over the local transport network being utilised for sporting events and won't have the capacity to police and control the platforms or the increase in footfall.

There are also liability obstacles from across the insurance companies.

Our catering partners have also been told it is highly unlikely they will be required this season.

From the end of season interveiw, sounds like the extension has been put on hold for now, though that implies it was imminent before covid. I guess one crowds are back it will be looked at again.

It won't happen for at least three years. Oak View Group now have dibs on the overall site until the Arena is completed and handed over.

City are more concerned with how take up will be once spectators are allowed back in at full capacity.

There is genuine concern that millions of people could be out of work and won't have the means to partake.

Football, as we knew it, will never been the same again.

Heard today Liverpool charging season ticket holders full money now.
Liverpool were proposing paying on a game by game basis the same as city, however clarified that they would not get their version of loyalty points for attending in 2020/21 so the vulnerable etc would not be disadvantaged.

It seemed fair enough, and that was when they expected 30% to get back in. A lot of lower league clubs sold STs up to their reduced allocations in August/September, and the fans just get a dire ifollow stream instead, some bought in optimism and others so their club would not fold.

It won't happen for at least three years. Oak View Group now have dibs on the overall site until the Arena is completed and handed over.

City are more concerned with how take up will be once spectators are allowed back in at full capacity.

There is genuine concern that millions of people could be out of work and won't have the means to partake.

"Football, as we knew it, will never been the same again."

So very true, the golden financial age of football has peaked for sure.

Covid19 is temporary. Perhaps some smaller clubs will not survive but this isn't the High St vs the Internet.

If anything football will get even more popular as people realise the value of communal activity and leisure.

Have been told City have now factored in and done the modelling for no fans to return until the start of next season.

GMPTE also has serious concerns over the local transport network being utilised for sporting events and won't have the capacity to police and control the platforms or the increase in footfall.

There are also liability obstacles from across the insurance companies.

Our catering partners have also been told it is highly unlikely they will be required this season.
If we had proper infrastructure, like most of Europe, it would be relatively easy for police given the design of the Etihad Campus. Getting 10,000 people in and out would be simple. I am sure fans will return in most of the world. In fact they already have in Germany for example.
This pandemic has brutally exposed the crumbling infrastructure in the UK.

after the war there were millions unemployed and significant impacts on everyone due to finance - crowds dramatically increased on pre-war. The difference here is whether a vaccine can be rolled out and everyone takes it - but assuming so, then demand will be significant. Football is very inelastic in demand and even if this changes then price can be adjusted anyway

Covid19 is temporary. Perhaps some smaller clubs will not survive but this isn't the High St vs the Internet.

If anything football will get even more popular as people realise the value of communal activity and leisure.

Covid won't be temporary, it will be with us for years, we will learn to live with it and have treatments to keep it in check.

The devastation to the economy, however, is catastrophic and will leave us in a financial black hole that will take decades to recover from.

We have not even began to feel its impact or the jobs that will never be recovered.

Sadly, automation has also been accelerated 15 years in the last six months and there is no going back.

Much as the enthusiasm and popularity for football will obviously remain, Marv, there will be more pressing needs for how money is being spent.

Case in point, my successful business of 28 years is in the toilet because of trickle down economics, through no fault of my own.

That is four season tickets I can't afford to renew next year.

I've gone from £70k a year to £70 a week and there will be millions of people far worse off than me in the months and years to come.

And I work in football!!

The game is brutally damaged.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.