Return of Supporters

I feel like anyone who wants supporters back in stadiums before we’re either vaccinated or herd protected has lost all sense of what’s really important. Yes, it makes football really shit but honestly, who cares? It isn’t important.

I know I am a pessimist mate but I don’t think the vaccine will be the end if it; they reckon it will be 50% to 80% effective, and may only provide immunity for a few months. Then there’s all the people who won’t bother to vaccinate. I think this will all have a big impact on full stadiums for longer than the current season
Don’t think it will be only a few months, and once over 60/70% uptake, as long as most of the vulnerable take it, that’s fine, when added to those that have had it spread should be greatly reduced.

My mum & dad took ill 10 days ago, Tuesday morning my dad was taken into hospital with breathing difficulties 48 hours later he passed away

Anyone thinks returning back into football grounds is the right idea then think again

This disease is out there & none of us know whose next, please stay safe & look after your family
So sorry to hear that. This disease is a bastard & people need to take it very seriously.

Every year we have a slightly different Coronavirus. That's why those who are entitled to the flu jab should get one. However this virus is totally different from all previous ones. I just can't prove it. But this virus looks like it's been made by man. That's why it is so difficult to bring under control.

Even under herd immunity it will still be here for the foreseeable future. There is no guarantee that the vaccine will provide long term immunity. It might be the case that we will have to receive top up doses of the vaccine every 6 months or so.

This season we will not see fans back in stadiums this side of January at the latest. Maybe the other side of Easter. before fans are allowed back in stadiums. Then it will be in a limited capacity to boot.

I'm watching Australia v New Zealand live now and there's a crowd!! How has that happened,???

Would be ironic to win the 1st empty seat premier league title ,stick that in your pipe and smoke it 'istree clubs

Isn’t that because they literally shut those countries down at the start. No pandering to luvvies, snowflakes or any other whinging group Hard lockdown seems to have worked better than our soft lockdown
Beat me to it. Though the Aussies had to get tough in Victoria with the huge outbreak there. And New Zealand has a pretty good Prime Minister who controlled it.

I'm watching Australia v New Zealand live now and there's a crowd!! How has that happened,???
Cause we shut the borders into the country early days of the outbreak, probably still a little bit late but we were relatively quick with it. Then we shut the state borders, one state is still shut. Victoria had the latest outbreak and has basically been cut off from the country in regards to travel in/out. We were having crowds of up to 27,000 at some of our Australian rules games, and 30,000 for that Grand Final. We're almost through it now the only cases we are getting are ones from people returning from overseas, but they get quarantined in a hotel as soon as they arrive back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.