Return of Supporters

Having watched the Coronavirus briefing tonight it seems pretty clear to me that we won't see supporters back at the Etihad in any great number this season, if any at all. It seems that the best we can expect for a vaccine roll out is by Easter for the vulnerable group & NHS staff plus other front line workers. Mass vaccination is going to be further down the line. In addition of course Manchester has got to get itself out of Tier 3 which is going to be a long haul by the look of things.
Like many fellow Blues on here I resigned myself to writing off this season long ago. Now hoping that the Covid nightmare will be behind us by next summer so we can all get back to the stadium without restrictions.
Looking on the bright side, the way City have been performing this season it's been a good time to be prevented from going - watching on telly has been bad enough, but nowhere near as expensive !

In my opinion the speed at which normality returns will be linked to the degree to which the vaccines are sterilising. If they are sterilising i.e. the vaccine reduces transmission as well as illness, then the epidemic should fall rapidly, and fear for the future will fall with it.

When the 1/3 of the UK population that is over 50 and vulnerable are vaccinated serious restrictions should end. I am sure the NHS has plans and timetables but I don't know what they are.

The tone of the announcements was cautious because the authorities want people to remain cautious, and of course we should be so.

City are making plans for fans to potentially return as early as next week! there is a feeling that as the North West's rates are currently falling faster than any other region in England, with Manchesters confirmed cases dropping, there could be some light at the end of the tunnel yet 1606217390522.png

Have to wonder whether City will be bothered to open up for 4000 supporters, even if allowed. The announcement feels aimed at smaller clubs where 4000 represents a large percentage of their gate. For City it's what, 8%?

Have to wonder whether City will be bothered to open up for 4000 supporters, even if allowed. The announcement feels aimed at smaller clubs where 4000 represents a large percentage of their gate. For City it's what, 8%?
Think it's irrelevant as there is no chance we will be in Tier 1 any time soon, but @liamctid made a decent suggestion yesterday about playing games at the CFA. Not sure if it'd actually be allowed though.

Anfield's 4000 would be snapped up by this country's adoring press.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.