Return of Supporters

Let's all watch on TV.. Thatchers dream from 1989. Suggested that you didn't need stadiums just an enclosed green space. Would stop Bradford, Heysel, Hillsborough happening again and disperse the hooliganism associated with the game. Got the Football Spectators Act with that twat Evans from Luton, who had at the time already banned away fans, looking at ID cards for all entering a football grounds. Something of a familiar ring for our future attendance at City....

Nail on the head. I've been called a conspiracist for pointing out that Covid is being used by City to bring in measures that would be otherwise fought against. Casual sharing of season tickets has ended via the amnesty thing, pushing people to buying the highest ticket price. Photo ID is required to attend in the name of track and trace; also means tickets cannot be shared or sold. None of the test events require photo ID, it simply isn't a requirement. We're being overpoliced and Covid is the cover story.

This may be a controversial view, but I don't understand why fans aren't back in stadia. I went on a plane 4 weeks ago to the IOM, great place by the way but a tad expensive. The plane was rammed. There was no social distancing. People just wear masks.

So if the airlines can operate without social distancing why can't football stadia (which are semi-outdoor spaces and not breathing the same recycled air from every other passenger onboard)?

Is there somekind of legal exemption for airlines? I don't think there is. So explain to me the different standards here.

As long as the clubs are sensible and let people opt out if they've a medical condition or over 60 without losing any priviliges or money for doing so - why can't spectators be back in the grounds?

Nail on the head. I've been called a conspiracist for pointing out that Covid is being used by City to bring in measures that would be otherwise fought against. Casual sharing of season tickets has ended via the amnesty thing, pushing people to buying the highest ticket price. Photo ID is required to attend in the name of track and trace; also means tickets cannot be shared or sold. None of the test events require photo ID, it simply isn't a requirement. We're being overpoliced and Covid is the cover story.

*ha, ha, ha, ha* What a load of codswallop!

This may be a controversial view, but I don't understand why fans aren't back in stadia. I went on a plane 4 weeks ago to the IOM, great place by the way but a tad expensive. The plane was rammed. There was no social distancing. People just wear masks.

So if the airlines can operate without social distancing why can't football stadia (which are semi-outdoor spaces and not breathing the same recycled air from every other passenger onboard)?

Is there somekind of legal exemption for airlines? I don't think there is. So explain to me the different standards here.

As long as the clubs are sensible and let people opt out if they've a medical condition or over 60 without losing any priviliges or money for doing so - why can't spectators be back in the grounds?
Because airlines and the airline industry have more friends in government than football clubs? Grouse shooting has been given an exemption; that says all you need to know.

It's not controversial to have that view. Nor should anyone attack you for having that. But you may wish to consider a small flight is a single one-off trip and the mask should be stopping you from spreading the infection should you have it.

If you return to the Etihad without social distancing and full crowds. You are shoulder to shoulder with someone every other week. When you exit the aisle you will be pretty much brushing the row in front and the row behind. Sanitising hands for large crowds would result in huge queues bigger than the secuity ones.
When people shout and sing (bear in mind it's going to be impossible for stewards to control this - they cannot control a non-covid crowd imo) you'll be surprised how far that carries. We also have to protect players and staff that work there.

People who are vunerable can stay away, but the people in that category that can attend - say a 25 year old are dangerous. They might wear a mask for the sake of sitting in the ground but we have a lot of idiots who'll remove them on the concourse and use mob mentality if challenged. One spreads the virus and a few hundred take a virus home to a family, that family attend schools and we've got another spike.

The spikes are putting hospitals under pressure - the freedom we've been allowed already has eased that pressure, until it drops again to a low level we can't go back I'm afraid.

Just follow the rules for now and stay healthy. Don't let football rule your emotions. It might save a persons life. Football will be back one day properly.

It's not controversial to have that view. Nor should anyone attack you for having that. But you may wish to consider a small flight is a single one-off trip and the mask should be stopping you from spreading the infection should you have it.

If you return to the Etihad without social distancing and full crowds. You are shoulder to shoulder with someone every other week. When you exit the aisle you will be pretty much brushing the row in front and the row behind. Sanitising hands for large crowds would result in huge queues bigger than the secuity ones.
When people shout and sing (bear in mind it's going to be impossible for stewards to control this - they cannot control a non-covid crowd imo) you'll be surprised how far that carries. We also have to protect players and staff that work there.

People who are vunerable can stay away, but the people in that category that can attend - say a 25 year old are dangerous. They might wear a mask for the sake of sitting in the ground but we have a lot of idiots who'll remove them on the concourse and use mob mentality if challenged. One spreads the virus and a few hundred take a virus home to a family, that family attend schools and we've got another spike.

The spikes are putting hospitals under pressure - the freedom we've been allowed already has eased that pressure, until it drops again to a low level we can't go back I'm afraid.

Just follow the rules for now and stay healthy. Don't let football rule your emotions. It might save a persons life. Football will be back one day properly.
Well said, the above shows exactly why we shouldn't be back in stadia right now, it's the attitude of a selfish minority that are helping spread this thing again, and the message needs to be reinforced, as I've just posted in the other forum.

I think the club have played a blinder with Covid so far. It's a horrendous situation and must be hitting CFG across the world. I will be going back to the stadium as soon as I get the chance.

One of the reasons for not being allowed into the stadiums. Is that they is a selfish minority. That think the guidelines the government brought in doesn't have to apply to them. This especially allies to those of the age range 16-30hrs old. This age group thinks they know better than the scientists, as to how this virus behaves.

There's been two weekends of dance nights in one of my local pubs. 40 / 50 chavvy kids. If the landlady does one more then I'm boycotting.

One of the reasons for not being allowed into the stadiums. Is that they is a selfish minority. That think the guidelines the government brought in doesn't have to apply to them. This especially allies to those of the age range 16-30hrs old. This age group thinks they know better than the scientists, as to how this virus behaves.

You seem to be under the impression that the scientists are all on the same page when it is clear that they are not. Here's a professor from Oxford University stating people under the age of 50 have 'virtually no risk' from the virus.

'There is no second wave': Oxford expert says rise in UK Covid cases is because of 'increased testing' and those infected are 'young, healthy, symptomless people' who are unlikely to die or be hospitalised
  • The numbers of people testing positive for the virus in the UK are rising but hospitalisations and deaths aren't
  • Experts say case numbers increasing is linked to mass testing and not to a second wave of infections
  • Data shows the test positivity rate has remained relatively stable, suggesting more tests are causing rise

As for the masks themselves, we have our own chief medical officer saying they are 'completely ineffective'. It is why masks are not mandatory in shops in Wales for example because there is no medical evidence that they work. They are mandatory in England due to a political decision, not a medical decision. Netherlands and Sweden do not require the wearing of masks.

People should take responsibility for their own health and safety and not allow nanny state to try and control everyone which it has tried and failed to prevent anyway with enormous financial and health costs to others being denied cancer screenings, treatments at hospitals, etc etc. Unemployment is going through the roof, football clubs are going bust ... I can fully understand why people are getting restless and ignoring the guidelines and even, brazenly, flouting them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.