Return of Supporters

There's talk of mass-testing i.e. going from a testing capacity of 250,000 a day to millions. This is a possibility by upscaling the existing infrastructure i.e. the large centralised labs. I think one is due to open in October. The other change is that there are lots of myriad companies like Oxford nanopore and DNA nudge with smart solutions which take testing away from mass processing to lots of little kits. You have to get enough of them and they have to be accurate.
There's also spit tests trialing in Southampton and Salford. One way or another testing will get better.

And one way or another supporters will return this season to football. The question is when and in what numbers.

We can still dream about seeing City lift the Premier League this season. We have to make this happen.

This wont be easy but could it be that by the time that Liverpool fans are returning to the ground the Premiership trophy would be halfway to Manchester?

There's talk of mass-testing i.e. going from a testing capacity of 250,000 a day to millions. This is a possibility by upscaling the existing infrastructure i.e. the large centralised labs. I think one is due to open in October. The other change is that there are lots of myriad companies like Oxford nanopore and DNA nudge with smart solutions which take testing away from mass processing to lots of little kits. You have to get enough of them and they have to be accurate.
There's also spit tests trialing in Southampton and Salford. One way or another testing will get better.

And one way or another supporters will return this season to football. The question is when and in what numbers.

We can still dream about seeing City lift the Premier League this season. We have to make this happen.

This wont be easy but could it be that by the time that Liverpool fans are returning to the ground the Premiership trophy would be halfway to Manchester?
Leyton Orient owner on the radio today saying Miami Dolphins had 17000 people in the stadium, wearing masks. I think I'll wait to see the R rate in Miami next month before I go to a match.

if the virus disapeared over night i think clubs would struggle to fill their grounds, people find other things to do,other things to spend their money on, i seriously think we will be back in the 32k figure when/if we return, not just us by the way it will affect all clubs

if the virus disapeared over night i think clubs would struggle to fill their grounds, people find other things to do,other things to spend their money on, i seriously think we will be back in the 32k figure when/if we return, not just us by the way it will affect all clubs
I’ve had around two dozen mates and family members stop going to City over the last decade.

Some were home and away fans every week, others had missed only a handful of home games since the 1960s... they either decided the prices got too high or were kicked out of their seats to make way for the Family Stand and another two for a corporate area or have had enough of the razzmatazz bollocks, stopped going, and barely a single one of them misses it.

There’ll be thousands of fans all around the country from all clubs who’ll drop away after this.

I can’t believe how much spare cash I’ve got each month. I’ve not been able to afford a holiday for ten years, I reckon I could easily afford two expensive holidays a year with how much I’ve got leftover each month.

I will probably be back going to the footy when we can but it’s really made me think twice about it and I am questioning it.

I’ve had around two dozen mates and family members stop going to City over the last decade.

Some were home and away fans every week, others had missed only a handful of home games since the 1960s... they either decided the prices got too high or were kicked out of their seats to make way for the Family Stand and another two for a corporate area or have had enough of the razzmatazz bollocks, stopped going, and barely a single one of them misses it.

There’ll be thousands of fans all around the country from all clubs who’ll drop away after this.

I can’t believe how much spare cash I’ve got each month. I’ve not been able to afford a holiday for ten years, I reckon I could easily afford two expensive holidays a year with how much I’ve got leftover each month.

I will probably be back going to the footy when we can but it’s really made me think twice about it and I am questioning it.

This is what concerns me. Whilst City have got a lot right, their absolute lack of communication with its core fanbase totally bemuses me. Seven months in and I've had one email from the club, about refunds.

I do fear that they expect us all to pick up where we left off yet the world around us had changed immeasurably and so many I know have no intention of returning, vaccine or no vaccine.

If the virus disappeared tomorrow and it was 100% safe, I would estimate we would have lost up to 20% of our Seasoncard holders and at least the same or more for match day sales. This will be pure economics of mass redundancies, shortened hours and the complete ball-ache of any new safety measures that might follow for those that perhaps could still afford the time but simply can't be arsed.

Agree.
I have enjoyed mountain biking more than going to the game.
Would happily never watch a game again

Fuck off prick.
I've had a season ticket since I was 6 in 1984.
If I dont feel like going due to covid.
Or the fact football is corrupt.
Or the ground is full of boring tourists.
That's my choice .
I dont need some jumped up twats approval thankyou

There's too much of that "I'm a better fan than you are" nonsense nowadays. I think some people don't look beyond their own circumstances and have a total lack of understanding of, or empathy for, others.
We all have different circumstances in our lives and we all have our tipping points.
I was a regular from 1972 up until 3 years ago. I had a routine, from being an 11 yo kid I'd always taken a flask and sandwiches to games and I stopped going when City told me that they'd kick me out if ever they saw me with a flask or sandwiches in the ground.
I'd have carried on going forever were it not for supporter services being twats. I still support the team but I wouldn't ever attend another game as a point of principle and I've saved a small fortune since.
You should do whatever sits best with you and ignore anyone who says otherwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.