Return of Supporters

YYYYYYEEEESSSSS, I'm registered for the ballot. I've got the email confirmation and now I can check how many points I have. Oooohhhh, even though I never, ever win a raffle I'm all excited!!

As you get older you actually revert to being a kid!! Live with it, my family do, which is why they let me live alone!!!! :-)

Simple enough

Placed 4 of us and hopefully we get tickets as my 11yo is desperate to see us this year and see Serg one last time in the blue shirt.

Will be nice to also remember the King on the last day hopefully lifting the PL trophy

YYYYYYEEEESSSSS, I'm registered for the ballot. I've got the email confirmation and now I can check how many points I have. Oooohhhh, even though I never, ever win a raffle I'm all excited!!

As you get older you actually revert to being a kid!! Live with it, my family do, which is why they let me live alone!!!! :-)
Totally get this EB

I have my ballot booked, I presume they are not letting us in for free?
The pricing was on the announcement on the website, I would link but I'd have to wait in the queue to get it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210511-092757_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210511-092757_Samsung Internet.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 17
No complaints from me. You are city fans the same as everyone else. I remember the turnouts we had in the 80’s both home (As low as 17000) and away (many games with less than 1500) when there were no loyalty points and we had a run of about 40 games without an away win! Not an easy watch back then. There will be plenty of those lads who did the miles back then who for one reason or another can only now make some games so have a Cityzen card. They are no less of a loyal fan, just did their miles at a time when loyalty wasn’t rewarded.

Good luck to all! If I am not one of the lucky ones, I may turn up that day anyway as looked good outside last week and give one last tribute to Sergio before heading to town to watch it on the box.
Like you say, the support and loyalty given when the club needed it most (80s/90s) isn’t rewarded under the current scheme. I’ve no doubt that many of the people with 22k-plus points were also doing the hard yards back then, but it does sometimes irk me a little when watching that week-in week-out back then counts for nothing.

I suppose everyone’s view of the current scheme will be shaped in the main by their own situation, but I’ve always thought that the current set-up is too restrictive for a big club with a diverse following in terms of people’s circumstances. Perhaps having more of the away tickets being available to more of the support would help people have a stronger attachment to the club, particularly younger fans or people who can’t afford to go to every away game.

In any case, I won’t begrudge anyone who gets a ticket if I don’t, as I’ve always seen the chance of getting to the Everton game purely as a bonus. It’s been a shit year and anyone who gets a ticket should just enjoy it and feel fortunate to be there.

The real fun and games will start next season as unfortunately I still can’t see it being business as usual, and I would still expect a reduced capacity during periods if COVID does prove a seasonal issue, even with the vaccinations. Judging by this thread the club will have a very difficult job in terms of implementing a proper framework for deciding the ticket allocations, and there may be a lot of disappointed people if they feel that they are entitled to attend every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.