Returning to the office.

same here

I am really not looking forward to returning back to the office.

Just think its a farce, plus they have had outbreaks throughout returning back to office.

most of my mates working in the city have been told they can work from home 1/2 days a week at most.

there will be so many company’s offering more flexibility- the company’s that want staff back full time need to be careful as some will look elsewhere if home life flexibility is on offer.

most of my mates working in the city have been told they can work from home 1/2 days a week at most.

there will be so many company’s offering more flexibility- the company’s that want staff back full time need to be careful as some will look elsewhere if home life flexibility is on offer.

one of the reason's i am. So many have left my employer because of reasons like this.

My firm was early to shut down (early March 2020) and only as of yesterday have they permitted anyone to return to offices (other than a small number of tech folks), and with a lengthy set of protocols to follow. Going back is purely voluntary. No decision on allowing long-term WFH or hybrid models going forward. Firm has said soonest anyone would be required to come back full-time would be September.

Going on my first biz trip in 15 months next week; all biz trips must be approved in advance by our CEO (we have 700 employees).

Ideally I will be allowed to go hybrid, with 3 days in, 2 days WFH. Given my hours (I start at 4:30 am) WFH has been a great blessing.

We are still fill time working from home till 21st of June and then upto us how many days a week we go in the office. We will never be back in the office full time again.

I've been working from home since March last year and have only been into the office once since to sort my IT.

We've been told we'll have a hybrid office but there's no date set for it to start yet or how it will work. I imagine they are in no rush as things probably won't change much. It sounds like the policy will be your local teams will just do whatever they want so if they want to be in one week for a few days if needed then they can, otherwise we work from home.

For me it's great, I'm only getting up at 8 instead of 6, finishing earlier and I've probably saved thousands on petrol and not eating out for lunch etc.

I went into London yesterday and walked over London Bridge at lunch time - it's still eerily quiet, mad how busy it is usually - i can't see London life going back to norm for office workers

My firm was early to shut down (early March 2020) and only as of yesterday have they permitted anyone to return to offices (other than a small number of tech folks), and with a lengthy set of protocols to follow. Going back is purely voluntary. No decision on allowing long-term WFH or hybrid models going forward. Firm has said soonest anyone would be required to come back full-time would be September.

Going on my first biz trip in 15 months next week; all biz trips must be approved in advance by our CEO (we have 700 employees).

Ideally I will be allowed to go hybrid, with 3 days in, 2 days WFH. Given my hours (I start at 4:30 am) WFH has been a great blessing.

sounds like they have it spot on for oyu

People and companies know work can be done from home, but it reduces control. There is also the wider economic picture of all the businesses that rely on people being in the city spending money. I think a balance could be reached, testing productivity levels and morale of staff. As I absolutely believe other pandemics are coming, to me it makes sense to investigate how to we develop an economy that can still function during lockdowns, to future proof additional episodes. Its a balance that needs to be reached but, it takes investment and the attitude of make A dollar now, means we will be fucked in the future if we don't learn any lessons from this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.