Richard Edghill Autobiography 'Once A Blue Aways A Blue'

There's a review of the book on the site now:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=621#.U_3QLWMlrzY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Art ... _3QLWMlrzY</a>

wearethesouthstand said:
stoke away on the friday night was a wiekens power header. wrexham i just recall it being a scrappy goal. i could be wrong i was probably drunk.

you've made your point now about the book and given your opinion. be grateful if you could let other people enjoy the book now.

richard is very pleased with it and is happy for the media to reflect on those other points surrounding the matches to be included which is why we have included them. uwe rosler said in his book there were 12000 blues at old trafford for the cup game when he lobbed schmeicel. our allocation was 6900. i have not heard anyone criticise his book for that and other slight imperfections.

richard is well up on some of the things that happened the origins of songs what the fans were up to. not only has he always had blue mates giving him updates he's also been round all the supporters branches time after time swopping tales. he also meets and greets the fans at home games. he did know about frozen turkish delight bars because it came up when we talked about that game. he might not have known it was happening during the game he certainly knew about it afterwards though. paul lake talks of paddling pools and other inflatables on the kippax. some of it he may of seen. at other times he would have been told what happened during the game. it was still included though because it was all relevant to that era.

and me and you might have done our time watching City but theres a host of other people who dont know some of these things and it is the first time they would have heard all the theories about how we're not really here started.

richard is friends with 1 or 2 of the old guvnors (rodney r) so actually he does know the score about a lot of what went on off the park.

lot of players at that time didnt care. he is saying he felt it like we all did. yeah i have paraphrased some of his thoughts but thats why the book is also a comparison between the club then and now.

burnley was definitely 5-1 though :)

I'll definitely be buying this book, Dante. I like Edgy, and he was a decent player. Marked Ian Wright out of a game as I recall when asked to play at centre back. Ok his distribution wasn't the best but Joe Royle didn't really have an out ball for him wide right so that hardly helped, so often he'd have to pass into the crowded centre. I hated the abuse that he got especially in that Coventry game. I also hated the abuse Power got in 83/84 v Charlton particularly. Pathetic. Hardly what you could call support was it? He was a good defender, Richard Edghill.

Every football book has mistakes, but I doubt there are many in this one.

wearethesouthstand said:
stoke away on the friday night was a wiekens power header. wrexham i just recall it being a scrappy goal. i could be wrong i was probably drunk.

you've made your point now about the book and given your opinion. be grateful if you could let other people enjoy the book now.

richard is very pleased with it and is happy for the media to reflect on those other points surrounding the matches to be included which is why we have included them. uwe rosler said in his book there were 12000 blues at old trafford for the cup game when he lobbed schmeicel. our allocation was 6900. i have not heard anyone criticise his book for that and other slight imperfections.

richard is well up on some of the things that happened the origins of songs what the fans were up to. not only has he always had blue mates giving him updates he's also been round all the supporters branches time after time swopping tales. he also meets and greets the fans at home games. he did know about frozen turkish delight bars because it came up when we talked about that game. he might not have known it was happening during the game he certainly knew about it afterwards though. paul lake talks of paddling pools and other inflatables on the kippax. some of it he may of seen. at other times he would have been told what happened during the game. it was still included though because it was all relevant to that era.

and me and you might have done our time watching City but theres a host of other people who dont know some of these things and it is the first time they would have heard all the theories about how we're not really here started.

richard is friends with 1 or 2 of the old guvnors (rodney r) so actually he does know the score about a lot of what went on off the park.

lot of players at that time didnt care. he is saying he felt it like we all did. yeah i have paraphrased some of his thoughts but thats why the book is also a comparison between the club then and now.

Yes, you are very wrong. Wiekens scored from a great header v Wrexham from a corner and the goal he scored v Stoke on the Friday night was anything but scrappy. Search for it on YouTube.

The Blue Goon said:
wearethesouthstand said:

Yes, you are very wrong. Wiekens scored from a great header v Wrexham from a corner and the goal he scored v Stoke on the Friday night was anything but scrappy. Search for it on YouTube.

Wiekens at Stoke was a superb volley wasn't it? From my recollection the Wrexham goal was a scramble from a half-cleared corner.

lancs blue said:
The Blue Goon said:
wearethesouthstand said:

Wiekens at Stoke was a superb volley wasn't it? From my recollection the Wrexham goal was a scramble from a half-cleared corner.

Yes you're right about the Stoke goal but the goal v Wrexham was 100% a header from a corner.

The Blue Goon said:
lancs blue said:
The Blue Goon said:

Yes you're right about the Stoke goal but the goal v Wrexham was 100% a header from a corner.

“They (City) got their reward in the 56th minute when Wiekens powered home a header from a Horlock corner” - Wrexham match report.

johnnytapia said:
The Blue Goon said:
lancs blue said:

“They (City) got their reward in the 56th minute when Wiekens powered home a header from a Horlock corner” - Wrexham match report.

Cheers, age playing tricks with the memory again!

Btw Wiekens volley at Stoke is on the OS Stoke goals feature today.

I bought the book yesterday and met Richard, he was doing a book signing. V decent guy, took the time to chat to my lad who had just finished playing for his team so was in his full strip. I know he got some stick on the terraces when he played but you could tell even from 5 mins with him that he's a true blue. We all praise the likes of Aguero, Nasri, Silva etc for their talent and what they have done on the pitch but we should never forget the liked of Edgy, Paul Lake, Brightwell etc. Blue through and through. I'd imagine it will be a long time until we see another like them in the first team - someone who grew up watching the blues.

Coming to the West Yorkshire branch . Looking forward meeting him. Might ask him who his favourite manager was ? Coz he had quite a few !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.