richard keys on sky yesterday

I know this sounds stupid but I think it easier for us against the bigger teams. Teams like Chelsea and Liverpool are going to try and play whereas the Blackburns of this world will put 10 men behind the ball. At this stage in our development that is where we will struggle, it's something Scum have had to put up with for 20 years.

The League will be between Scum and Chelsea. The rest of the top 4 will be btween us, Spurs and Arsenal. Neither of the Dippers will be anywhere near. I see no reason why we can't finish 3rd.

Pigeonho said:
What about Wigan - that was an average league game wasn't it and we did ok there?
Precisely, the inconsistency of a title winning team isn't there yet. Thats my whole point.

Soulboy - eat shit. ;-)!!![/quote]

But you think the rags have a chance despite chucking away a two goal lead in added time at Everton, conceeding a late equalizer to Fulham and drawing at Bolton today. I understand your point about experience, but I just don't think they have the quality.

mcfc1996 said:
I know this sounds stupid but I think it easier for us against the bigger teams. Teams like Chelsea and Liverpool are going to try and play whereas the Blackburns of this world will put 10 men behind the ball. At this stage in our development that is where we will struggle, it's something Scum have had to put up with for 20 years.

The League will be between Scum and Chelsea. The rest of the top 4 will be btween us, Spurs and Arsenal. Neither of the Dippers will be anywhere near. I see no reason why we can't finish 3rd.
You know what mate, I don't think Spurs will finish higher than 6th. Whilst the purchase of VdV was a stroke of genius, (£8m?!!!), they only signed one other player. With the CL part of their schedule, I think their lack of depth will be their downfall. They don't look anything like they did last year, even with the addition of VdV. I agree with us finishing 3rd though, I think thats exactly where we will finish, with 6 or so points separating us and 4th, (Arsenal), and 10 points behind the title chasers.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:29 pm --<br /><br />
dannybcity said:
Pigeonho said:
What about Wigan - that was an average league game wasn't it and we did ok there?
Precisely, the inconsistency of a title winning team isn't there yet. Thats my whole point.

Soulboy - eat shit. ;-)!!!

But you think the rags have a chance despite chucking away a two goal lead in added time at Everton, conceeding a late equalizer to Fulham and drawing at Bolton today. I understand your point about experience, but I just don't think they have the quality.[/quote]
It always comes down to that. Just think though, in 2 years time when our fine squad has that under their belt, we will be unstoppable. Time will tell mate, time will tell.

Lancet Fluke said:
bluemoonno1 said:
its been a good weekend for utd without kicking a ball,
the weekend wasn''t over you turd,
this weekend belongs to city,

Don't want to be pedantic but I think you'll find that he is actually a hairy turd.

I don't want to sound double pedantic but I think you'll find that he is actually a werewolf.

Remember that most of the other contenders are playing with virtually full squads while we have Boateng, Kolarov and especially Mario to come yet. We will get significantly better as the season progresses

1_barry_conlon said:
Pigeonho said:

Soulboy - eat shit. ;-)!!!

I've been in his company whilst dining and with some of the things he eats i think he's beaten you to it!

They just look shit... but taste wonderful!

Pigeonho said:
The title, in the end, will be between united and Chelsea. Yesterday was a good result for united. I bet you that come May, the title will be between united and Chelsea. Arsenal have no decent keepers, Liverpool... well nothing more needs to be said, and we don't have the capability of a title charge just yet, not until this squad has a season with its manager at least. Drawing at home to Blackburn, losing away to Sunderland and beating Chelsea prove that. When the performance v Chelsea happens on a regular, league dominating basis, thats when comments like Keys' yesterday will become something to slag off. As it stands though, it will be between Chelsea and United.

Pigeonho - we dominated the games vs Sunderland and Blackburn, Tevez very rarely misses a sitter and Hart will never make 'that' mistake again. A title charge is most definitely on!

Pigeonho said:
Stillsy said:
we will be pushing for the title
Experience will be the key mate, in my opinion. Fast forward to 2012, when this squad and its less-fancy additions have gelled, and I think we will dominate not just English football, but European football too. Yesterday we were awesome, getting yesterday to happen regularly though, and for us to be more lethal in front of goal, will be the key to that English/Euro domination happening. This season though, I think it will be the old guard again who are challenging. We will finish 3rd.

Simply do not agree with your outline assessment, Pige, lad.

Those faltering games were simply down to a lack of belief in

a) the system

b) themselves.

Yesterday was a huge surge in self belief and can only serve as a springboard. The lads injured will only want to get back and get in the team. The lads on the sideline will only want to work harder to be a part of this team. They will work for each other.

This will spur us on strangle the 'weaker' teams and not be so complacent as before. We WILL be in touching distance and I don't think a hill of beans will be difference between the top 2/ 3.

That said, I'm still convinced the Scum will finish outside of the Chumps League standings. Far too soft in the defence as well as the middle.

Was anybody else a bit peeved off when - after a very good City win that (arguably) announced us as title contenders, Keys decided to start chatting about Liverpool?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.