Richard Keys

Reminds me of more than one person I've met in the sales world before. Asks for your input and you can visibly see they've stopped listening as soon as they finish their sentence as they are already preparing to say their next piece. You can often say anything to these types as they're just not listening and love the sound of their own voice.

In his case this is often designed to be purely argumentative and he doesn't get the difference between a challenging dialogue and just being antagonistic.

In fairness you have to give Andy Gray credit for responding to him time after time without rising to the bait. Not because of the baiting itself, but because the whole approach is just tired and transparent.

There is probably some truth in what you say but I think Andy Gray is used to playing this charade and they probably have a joke about it afterwards. It was mainly Keys' behaviour that got them the boot at Sky but despite that they have stayed together since (first Talksport before BEin).

From the clip with Nicky Summerbee, it appears Keys (or more likely one of the producers) has scrolled social media for the points he put forward. Full of well-worn clichés and none of it make any sense.

If you follow the "logic" ... if Pep won the same amount of cups as Heynckes the season afterwards he would still be a failure because it was all done before, ditto Barcelona because all the cups (apart from the Club world cup) had been individually won before.

Beyond just talking bollocks as filler, they probably also have a remit to say stupid things (like the Allardyce comment) to get publicity for BEin on social media. And to be fair it works judging by the amount of posts in this thread and the twitter posts being shared.

Don't like the guy and the partnership with Andy Gray is very tired, but whatever you think of them both, they have been very successful and have made a fortune.

There is probably some truth in what you say but I think Andy Gray is used to playing this charade and they probably have a joke about it afterwards. It was mainly Keys' behaviour that got them the boot at Sky but despite that they have stayed together since (first Talksport before BEin).

From the clip with Nicky Summerbee, it appears Keys (or more likely one of the producers) has scrolled social media for the points he put forward. Full of well-worn clichés and none of it make any sense.

If you follow the "logic" ... if Pep won the same amount of cups as Heynckes the season afterwards he would still be a failure because it was all done before, ditto Barcelona because all the cups (apart from the Club world cup) had been individually won before.

Beyond just talking bollocks as filler, they probably also have a remit to say stupid things (like the Allardyce comment) to get publicity for BEin on social media. And to be fair it works judging by the amount of posts in this thread and the twitter posts being shared.
Wonder what his views are on Bill Shankley who never won the major European competition either in 15 years?

Bang in the money. As I say, he’s happy to play the clown “to create debate”.

Not remotely a fan of his but he is bang on the money with reference to Rat-boy - I saw it via the Mirror (yes I know).

Richard Keys takes swipe at Gary Neville in condescending blast at his punditry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.