richards criticisim

mcfcdave

ok the boy has made a few mistakes with his positioning,but you have to give the lad a chance to develop.zabaleta is a top player but he plays 1 great game against the hammers and few fans are saying richards its the reserves for him and he hasnt got a chance now of getting into the squad.both players have different qualities and i think your forgetting that richards has set up a number of goals for us this year so lay off the lad please.i can guarantee that as soon as zabaleta has an off day or makes a mistake which we all know he is capable of doing sometimes as i have seen it myself,everyone will give him stick.richard needs a top class defender that can teach him positioning in his development on the pitch toure is the man.i agree richards should at this moment in time be left out but some of the stick is uncalled for.give the boy time.

Neither of them are world class, Zab is a free kick waiting to happen but at least he isnt a major liability like your mate Micha 'I do a lot of work for charity' Richards.

dont agree with zab being that much if at all better. zab goes to ground too much, dives in all the time, he will get away with it against the likes of west ham, but when he comes up against top top opposition, he wont get away with diving in and will be left for dead.

two years ago richards was class, okay he is having a dip in form, but the lad is only 20! form is temperary, class is perminant

ConnorMCFC said:
...will be left for dead.

Unlike...?

two years ago richards was class, okay he is having a dip in form, but the lad is only 20! form is temperary, class is perminant

Someone else stated "form is temporary, class is permanent" a couple of days ago: I said that statement is ambiguous when applied to players with little time under their belt. Two years ago Micah was "class", and for the last year (if Carlsberg did dips?) he's been mediocre at best - is that the argument?

What if we are really seeing his "class", and what you call his "class" (two years ago), was actually "form"?

Three factors for Micah's decline:
Being a CB in 07/08, his form dropped halfway through that season.
Having to revert back to RB, while trying to go back to Centre Back all the time.
His mammoth ego.

While I agree with the OP to certain extents, Zabaleta should start ahead of Richards now because he has shown in the games he played that he is better (at the moment at least) and makes less mistakes.

Slate me all you want, but our right side (SWP & Richards) is not good enough. Zabaleta does a better job and hopefully Robinho will take SWP's place (You cannot touch Bellers place!), but SWP & Richards are still not good enough. Still.

zabaleta was always better regardless wether richards was playing or not!
richards was out of form at CB so decided he was a RB!! his positional play is like having sun jihai back in the side. he hasnt got the excuse of being a kid anymore, he's an experianced premiership player now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.