Richards, deluded Villa fans and the media....

Where have I said they are worse than those sides? I am pointing out that they seem to think they are bigger and better than they are and Leeds Utd even Newcastle started thinking like this and look what happened to them.

Yes they have a couple of promising youngsters but if a club with more money come in those players will leave, the players they have signed are either journeymen or has beens and are not of the quality for them to mount a serious European challenge on a regular basis.

Reo Coker came from West Ham, Bent failed at Spurs when he stepped up and Cuellar came from Rangers which isn't the greatest league in the world. I've got nothing against Villa as a club just wish they'd be more realistic and admit when they lose to a better team without trying to belittle Manchester City by making excuses about their squad selection. They would have lost regardless, we are 3rd with one if the best attacks and defence in the league so a bit of respect would be nice instead of the usual 'we've won a European cup' arrogance.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:51 pm --<br /><br />
simonr555 said:
kiam06 said:
Where was that MCFC.com? The main media outlets Talksport and SSN are not reporting it like you say.

If they're your main media outlets then you really do need to get out more. I have not read one match report that states or implies that Villa would have beaten us even if they had their strongest XI playing. They just questioned why Houllier did it.

Too many paranoid and precious people on here.

I agree they are shite but they are obviously the two biggest for viewing and listening figures, surely you don't doubt that?

Villa are no Leeds United, they are run far better than that, not spending 80k on fish, and paying Seth Johnson double what he expected etc etc

Newcastle bounced back and seem to be ok for now, this would be the most likely scenario if Villa were ever to go down... so they dont really back up your thinking Villa are the next Leeds/Forest if they arent careful

Villa are a big club, with a lot more history than our own, you are displaying a very arrogant streak all to common, that because we have spent millions whilst others have been tightening their belts, that somehow over night, Villa are in a terrible state... they arent, their task is all the harder, they now have to overcome us, as well as last seasons top 4 and Liverpool...

I wish some of our poor seasons had finished top half of the prem...

What do I have to be arrogant about? 35 years?? I am just sick of hearing about these traditional run clubs talking about their history when it does not matter one bit, the future is the only thing that matters.

Liverpool are just as guilty as Villa and if it wasn't for a very strange court ruling they could be playing championship football next season, Villa have made their move now by spending 18m on Darren Bent and for me if they try and live beyond their means spending on average players and lose one or two better players to higher placed clubs they are in a very vulnerable position and their fans need to be realistic. Villa are a great club with great history and the premier league would miss them but their history does not keep them safe.

kiam06 said:
What do I have to be arrogant about? 35 years?? I am just sick of hearing about these traditional run clubs talking about their history when it does not matter one bit, the future is the only thing that matters.

Liverpool are just as guilty as Villa and if it wasn't for a very strange court ruling they could be playing championship football next season, Villa have made their move now by spending 18m on Darren Bent and for me if they try and live beyond their means and lose one or two better players to higher placed clubs they are in a very vulnerable position and their fans need to be realistic. Villa are a great club with great history and the premier league would miss them but their history does not keep them safe.

Arrogance from the fact that because we are the richest, just because we have spent money, doesnt mean other clubs suddenly are doomed or badly run, Villa's is a model we would have loved to have copied even under Frank, let alone Mardle et al and to rubbish it, is curlish at best

No the future isnt all that matters... i am proud of MCFC's history and wouldnt swap it for anyones... its ours and its what has made us who and what we are now and hopefully what we will become...

Villa arent Liverpool... no point comparing them, Liverpool are set up to run as a CL club, they will go through more pain before it gets better. Villa arent, they are set up to run as a top half/uefa team, hoping to bridge the gap, scope for improvement not further misery should they not make it a la Liverpool...

Villa have a large ground, good solid support... Deadly Doug sold out and Lerner (a wealthy man in anyones terms) has come in, since then year on year they have been building solidly because that is the better model long term, organic growth is far more sustainable. They lost one of the most respected managers just before the season started, and he has been replaced by a bungling idiot who doesnt seem to know what he is doing, Fabian Delph at left back, is almost as bad as the bluemoon classic - Petrov at left back... Villa's history wont keep them safe and in the top half, a group of very good young players will and with some signings, you cant argue with Bent's record, its up there with Tevez, Torres et al, i can see Villa pushing for Europe next year (if not this season, Liverpool went to 6th with 3 wins - Villas run in is easy)

I know a Villa coach, and i wouldnt be writing them off so quick if i were you, they will spend again Bent wasnt a 1 off... i'm no Villa fan, in fact i cant stand them and he would be shocked to see me put what i have... I just cant say they are on the way down and certainly not in a Leeds way...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.