richards or zabaleta?

Richards. But he's on very thin ice after some of his performances last year. It's going to be a very important season for him. I really admire Zab; his midfield efforts were awesome and if everyone (esp Michah) gave as much effort as he does we'd be in fine fettle

Difficult one this. Richards is the better defender when they are both on form but he is completely useless going forward and is such a lazy bastard that often trots back when the opposition is on the counter. Whereas zab isn't as good defensively but provides something meaningful going forward and gives the team energy and will always give his all. Atm it would be zab quite easily but ultimately it's defense first and if Richards sorts himself out he'll be first choice.

Zab for me as he is a far better reader of the game than Micah who's positional play is often poor and is my biggest concern for his development as a top flight player (Particularly at full back). However I am aware that it is not unusual for younger players to have a period when their performance levels fall off and I hope that this coming season he is pushing Zab all the way for that starting position.

Micah Richards - Zabs a battler but he's not got the pace required at this level at right back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.