richards or zabaleta?

I thought Richards was one of the best players in the under 21 tournie, he started taking responsibility and improved as his confidence came back but it showed to me that he is more comfortable at CB. Zab on the other hand is more mobile and in todays game you have to be able to play like a winger as well and Zab can cross a ball with both feet and has more technical ability, so Zab at RB for me.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Richards purely because Zab is far to slow!! He gives it 100% and yes we love that sort of player but a Premier League right back he aint

I agree with this, Zab is no where quick enough to play at RB, he played Ok in Midfield last season, but again is not as good as what we have now.

Good to keep as squad player though for back up in case of injuries.

Zab every time. Richard's has a lot to learn- firstly that if he's a RB he needs to stay there, not plough up the right wing only to lose the ball and leave his fellow defenders in the sh*t.

amone said:
I thought Richards was one of the best players in the under 21 tournie, he started taking responsibility and improved as his confidence came back but it showed to me that he is more comfortable at CB. Zab on the other hand is more mobile and in todays game you have to be able to play like a winger as well and Zab can cross a ball with both feet and has more technical ability, so Zab at RB for me.

One of the best players of the tournie?! You can't seriously advocate a defender that threw away a 3-0 lead in one game and let 4 in in another??

If we werent to buy a RB and had to choose between the two, i think id have to say Richards!
Im not Richards biggest fan but i dont think Zabaletta is a good full back! he is much better in midfield as the defensive mid role suits his style and he will be a good back up to De Jong if Hughes uses De Jong as the defensive mid player as i think he should!

But it's a difficult one because Richards has many floors to his game! I think because of his poor control and dribbling ability he is better suited to centre back, but i think we will be signing big in this position and Onuoha,who will be ahead of Richards due to last seasons improvements, will even be on the bench!

Its a tough one! and even though the OP said dont put that we need a new full back, ideally we do need a new full back! Maicon has been linked but i think he's average, Johnson has gone to Liverpool which im disappointed in, but im sure there will someone!

smiles said:
amone said:

One of the best players of the tournie?! You can't seriously advocate a defender that threw away a 3-0 lead in one game and let 4 in in another??

The 3 England conceded against Sweden, Gibbs didn't stop a cross coming in, the lad scored from a freekick (given away by Ned) and the third Cranie was responsible as for the final Cranie lost his man for the first, the second was a freekick given away by Mancienne and the goalkeeper was at fault and the other two I think Richards was upfront for. (certainly the fourth)

Yes they conceded 7 goals but one defender doesn't make a team, I still believe Richards played very well. Muamba had played well at the start of the tournie, protecting defence, unfortunately went missing in final, as did a lot of our players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.