Richards

maccistani

Is it me, or at times tonight did he look like he'd been sat in Mary D's getting a round in, then when it got to half 7 realised he had a game on haha.

Looked too indecisive for my liking.

Also glad we won, couldnt have faced an hours 2 hours travel back to Macclesfield if we had lost. Poxy Northern Trains.

I thought he was as solid defensively as he has been in ages.
Going forward, and on the ball, he looks clumsy, uncomfortable, and very un-footballer-esque.

would agree with that in certain parts of the game, but with some, it seemed that he had to think for a second before going in to deal with the situation.

I dont think its all his fault... Changing positions back to RB, when he has had the dunney monster mentoring him to develop a CB mentality is obviously a drawback, along with the fact that naturally, training to be a CB last year has encouraged him to gain more muscle, thus making it harder for him to excel as a RB.

I do think though come the end of March, he'll be back to his best, whatever position he is playing, helping our somewhat now cheeky attempt for a euro spot, and what looks like, based on the leaugue the possibility of relegation from one of 10/11 teams.

Richards is a difficult one to tell.

He could go to a top 4 side and do well under a manager who knows what's what or drop down a division to ply his trade for many years.

One thing is for certain. He's not right for City at the moment.

Another problem I think he has at the moment is to do with the money we have. Before, Micah was Vice captain, and was waited on hand and foot, to ensure that he did not up sticks and leave.

Now, it seems Hughes has stood up to him, and has told him how he wants to do his job. Maybe he doesn't like working that way, maybe he can't, or more than likley, its just a bad spell, which even the greatest players have, and with experience will blow away.

Here is a bloke who has come through the ranks,has spent a lot of his time at right back before being switched to centre half,and then due to some signings has been shoved back to right back and some people are slating him?

Give him a chance to get back into the swing of things for fucks sake.Will be englands right back for years if he reproduces the form of a couple of seasons ago.

stu1 said:
Hes not playin in his fav position

Stu

Richards 2 years ago saw himself as a CB and Pearce put him there after Distin went, it wasn't working out, he's not good enough positionally to play CB and he has recognised that, but instead of accepting that he uses the excuse that RB is his better position and went public on wanting his RB job back.

I feel he is too lazy nowadays, he makes 60-40 balls into 50-50's because he isn't as focused as he was when he first came into the team.

He may well be the England RB for years to come, but he needs to make sure he is ours first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.