Ricky Hatton - Battered !

Manny looked hurt a lil when Ricky got him with a punch. No offence to Ricky but he seriously is a 1 dimensional fighter. What a tit was walking onto the punches. Manny has imporved a lot but i feel he will lose to floyd Mayweather, this guy is a true genius. If you see the Hatton fight he just wasnt even trying and still won. He fights with his head, something Ricky doesnt use when he fights. I remember Manny vs Marquez, a fight which Manny really lost but was given a very controversial decision. Floyds fighting Marquez next so well see what he does against him. Ricky downfall is his defence, he has none of it what so ever. Even a dumb ass would have seen Manny setting up that left hook.

Answer to earlier question - Mayweathers coming back because hes apparently broke.... hehe

floyd is coming back, as his ego can not stand the thought, of a boxer being regarded as better than him!
looking at manny's last 2 performances, i would say he has the upper hand, but then watch a clip of floyd change my mind!
i feel a little shortchanged as i thought ricky would've put up more of a fight, but manny v floyd has me drooling allready!

ChicagoBlue said:
Well, that helped his bank account but certainly NOT his reputation!

Time to concentrate on the new Health Club that is nearly finished and start promoting British boxers, which is what he wants to do. Clearly, FM Sr forgot to mention that Pacquiao is all jab, jab, and hook!!

PacMan is different class. Superfast speed and power in combination are just too much for a one speed fighter who comes straight at you.

Ricky, it has been a pleasure watching you fight, promote Man City and to stay true to the area from which you hail, as opposed to going all Hollywood. Now it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labors and the box at Eastlands. One Bluemoon has set below the canvas, but one is about to rise from the lush green of East Manchester.

My hat is off to you, sir, and thanks for the memories!

Of course he forgot to tell Hatton everything, who's interest's has FM Snr got at heart? Ricky's or his own son's?

Yeah, there is no doubt that Pacman is the better boxer but also, i've never seen such a shabby and exposed performance from Hatton.

The tactics were all wrong, and i know Ricky's defence has never ben sound, but its also never been as bad as it was at 5 am Sunday morning.

langy[wales] said:
WillWalesMCFC said:
I myself am Welsh, but have a tonne more respect for Hatton than I do for the undefeated Calazaghe... simply for the fact he was not shielded in the same way Joe was, his fights werent carefully picked to keep him at the top of the tree and he was not afraid to dent his reputation with these big fights.

I have respect for the fact Ricky would rather lose to Pacquio and Mayweather than beat some unknowns or has beens. I think he can and should retire with his head held high.
joe shielded lol have you read his book

Who would have thought that someones career would be painted 100% positively in their autobiography.... lol

And that was my point, he was clearly a good fighter but i think theres a reason he fought Roy Jones Jnr aand Hopkins when he did. I just think if he was in Hattons situation he'd have not pushed so much for the big two fights he lost, and certainly not the second one after losing the first. I think the 'joe calzaghe undefeated legacy' was always the most important thing to him

bluepeter62 said:
Rushton121 said:
i love Hatton but hes an absolute idiot, did exactly what he did against mayweather and went straight in, didnt block anything and got caught with a few quality punches. Already been said but he really did look like an amateur.
Quality knock out by Pacquiao though. Pacquiao v Mayweather! *gasms*

Another shit thing from Hattons loss is that that over-rated little wanker Amir Khan is gonna be given even more attention....great

I wouldn't worry about him, he has a glass chin and will get knocked out by any decent fighter.

Now it is funny that you say that but have you seen his new style since moving to the Roach, hands up high with a strong jab and movement from side to side when coming forward to create different angles for the punches. This is down to a willingness to learn and Roach.

Ricky has nothing to be embrassed about - good career but I worried for him after the fight and just delighted to hear that he is well.

langy[wales] said:
WillWalesMCFC said:
I myself am Welsh, but have a tonne more respect for Hatton than I do for the undefeated Calazaghe... simply for the fact he was not shielded in the same way Joe was, his fights werent carefully picked to keep him at the top of the tree and he was not afraid to dent his reputation with these big fights.

I have respect for the fact Ricky would rather lose to Pacquio and Mayweather than beat some unknowns or has beens. I think he can and should retire with his head held high.
joe shielded lol have you read his book

Is this 'Stay at Home Joe' born in England of Italian descent?

stumpy_mcfc said:
bluepeter62 said:
Rushton121 said:
i love Hatton but hes an absolute idiot, did exactly what he did against mayweather and went straight in, didnt block anything and got caught with a few quality punches. Already been said but he really did look like an amateur.
Quality knock out by Pacquiao though. Pacquiao v Mayweather! *gasms*

Another shit thing from Hattons loss is that that over-rated little wanker Amir Khan is gonna be given even more attention....great

I wouldn't worry about him, he has a glass chin and will get knocked out by any decent fighter.

Now it is funny that you say that but have you seen his new style since moving to the Roach, hands up high with a strong jab and movement from side to side when coming forward to create different angles for the punches. This is down to a willingness to learn and Roach.

Ricky has nothing to be embrassed about - good career but I worried for him after the fight and just delighted to hear that he is well.

Of course Roach will improve him. Khan has speed and the punch to trouble anyone, but when you reach the very top you will get hit however quick you are. The fact is he was floored by Willie Limond who couldn't punch his way out of a paper bag. That frailty will cost Khan against the very top fighters. I expect Warren to match him up very soon for a World title fight against a non puncher, because unlike Ricky he will not be able to survive at the top for more than 2 years, if that long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.