Ricky Hatton - Battered !

Freddie Roach must take a lot of credit for this, l have always admired him as a trainer and he set Pacquiao up beautifully for this fight.

The way Pacman transferred his entire bodyweight from one foot to the other in a split second ,just as he delivered that Left-hook was breathtaking.

Technically, Ricky has always been lacking, its always been apparent and unfortunately when he comes up against an elite opponent ,aggression and courage aren't enough.

Clearly a differance in class Hatton good honest fighter. Packy and Mayweather Jnr class simple that. Ricky can't change he's just gota except he's gotta take its over he's never gonna be one of the greats. Time to hang up the gloves and bow out gracefully.

No shame in Hatton losing to Manny lastnight. Pacman showed just why he is the best pound for pound boxing champion of the world, his speed is incredible. I am hoping Mayweather Jnr. sacks off his Marquez fight to make Pacman his next fight, but I think Manny's next fight will be against the winner of Mayweather Jnr. V Marquez. I have taken a real soft spot to Pacciqauo, his humbleness shows true class. His next fight should be epic.

I myself am Welsh, but have a tonne more respect for Hatton than I do for the undefeated Calazaghe... simply for the fact he was not shielded in the same way Joe was, his fights werent carefully picked to keep him at the top of the tree and he was not afraid to dent his reputation with these big fights.

I have respect for the fact Ricky would rather lose to Pacquio and Mayweather than beat some unknowns or has beens. I think he can and should retire with his head held high.

Like alot of people have said he has probably lost to the 2 best boxers of his generation. So there is no shame in that. I really hope mayweather jr v pacquiao is coming though maybe at the end of the year as thats something im gonna go out to vegas or NY and see as that should be epic!

first i would like to make it clear i AM a hatton fan, but below is his career record read it and it will become apparent that any name that was not just an opponent made ricky work VERY HARD for his victories.

i believe frank warren was the mastermind behind his career he was matched carefully (when he fought tzu he'd been out for a year), just as he was with calzage and now with amir 'chinny' khan.
i think ricky will be gutted but the millions in the bank might just soften it up for him!

45 Wins, 2 Losses, 32 Knockouts
09-11 -- Kid McAuley, Widnes, England, W TKO 1
12-19 -- Robert Alvarez, New York, NY, W 4

01-17 -- David Thompson, Bristol, England, W KO 1
03-27 -- Paul Salmon, Telford, England, W KO 1
04-18 -- Karl Taylor, Manchester, England, W TKO 1
05-30 -- Mark Ramsey, Bristol, England, W 6
07-18 -- Anthony Campbell, Sheffield, England, W 6
09-19 -- Pascal Montulet, Oberhausen, Germany, W KO 2
10-31 -- Kevin Carter, Atlantic City, NJ, W KO 1
12-19 -- Paul Denton, Merseyside, England, W KO 6

02-27 -- Tommy Peacock, Oldham, England, W TKO 2
04-03 -- Brian Coleman, London, England, W KO 2
05-29 -- Dillon Carew, West Yorkshire, England, W TKO 5
07-17 -- Mark Ramsey, Doncaster, England, W 6
10-09 -- Bernard Paul, Manchester, England, W TKO 4
12-11 -- Mark Winters, Merseyside, England, W KO 4

01-29 -- Leoncio Garcés, Manchester, England, W TKO 3
03-25 -- Pedro Alonso Teran, Merseyside, England, W TKO 4
05-16 -- Ambioris Figuero, Warrington, England, W KO 4
06-10 -- Gilbert Quiros, Detroit, MI, W KO 2
09-23 -- Giuseppe Lauri, London, England, W TKO 5
10-21 -- Jonathan Thaxton, London, England, W 12

03-26 -- Tony Pep, London, England, W TKO 4
07-07 -- Jason Rowland, Manchester, England, W KO 4
09-15 -- John Bailey, Manchester, England, W TKO 5
10-27 -- Freddie Pendleton, Manchester, England, W KO 2
12-15 -- Justin Rowsell, London, England, W TKO 2

02-09 -- Mikhail Krivolapov, Manchester, England, W TKO 9
06-01 -- Eamonn Magee, Manchester, England, W 12
09-28 -- Stephen Smith, Manchester, England, W DQ 2
12-14 -- Joe Hutchinson, Newcastle, England, W KO 4

04-05 -- Vince Phillips, Manchester, England, W 12
09-27 -- Aldo Nazareno Rios, Manchester, England, W TKO 9
12-13 -- Ben Tackie, Manchester, England, W 12

04-03 -- Dennis Holbaek Pedersen, Manchester, England, W TKO 6
06-12 -- Carlos Wilfredo Vilches, Manchester, England, W 12
10-01 -- Michael Stewart, Manchester, England, W TKO 5
12-11 -- Ray Oliveira, London, England, W KO 10

06-04 -- Kostya Tszyu, Manchester, England, W TKO 11 *RECAP*
(Won IBF Light Welterweight Title)
11-26 -- Carlos Maussa, Sheffield, England, W KO 9 *RECAP*
(Retained IBF Light Welterweight Title)
(Won WBA Light Welterweight Title)

05-13 -- Luis Collazo, Boston, MA, W 12 *RECAP*
(Won WBA Welterweight Title)

01-20 -- Juan Urango, Las Vegas, NV, W 12 *RECAP*
(Won IBF Junior Welterweight Title)
06-23 -- Jose Luis Castillo, Las Vegas, NV, W KO 4 *RECAP*
12-08 -- Floyd Mayweather Jr., Las Vegas, NV, TKO by 10 *RECAP*
(For WBC Welterweight Title)

05-24 -- Juan Lazcano, Manchester, England, W 12 *RECAP*
11-22 -- Paul Malignaggi, Las Vegas, NV, TKO 11 *RECAP*

05-02 -- Manny Pacquiao, Las Vegas, NV, KO by 2 *RECAP*

Ricky Hatton - Date of Birth: October 6, 1978

WillWalesMCFC said:
I myself am Welsh, but have a tonne more respect for Hatton than I do for the undefeated Calazaghe... simply for the fact he was not shielded in the same way Joe was, his fights werent carefully picked to keep him at the top of the tree and he was not afraid to dent his reputation with these big fights.

I have respect for the fact Ricky would rather lose to Pacquio and Mayweather than beat some unknowns or has beens. I think he can and should retire with his head held high.

This is bollocks Calzaghe is and will be for some time to come be the best ever British boxer , but on Blue Moon we are all entitled to our opinion .

ozzie2920 said:
WillWalesMCFC said:

This is bollocks Calzaghe is and will be for some time to come be the best ever British boxer , but on Blue Moon we are all entitled to our opinion .

The trouble with Calzaghe was that he had no one to fight.
That division he was in has been dyer since the early 90's and still is now.

Do you really think Joe would of beat Roy Jones Jnr back in the day or even Hopkins??

As for Pac man he is a great fighter but Floyd Mayweather would out class him imo
I have saw Pacquio get beat by Marquez how they called it a draw i will never know.

I do agree its now time for Hatton to hang his gloves up.

WillWalesMCFC said:

joe shielded lol have you read his book

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.