Ricky Hattons' box is up for grabs

I think people should remember that those aren't Hatton's words. The quotes are from his uncle and I doubt they're wholly representative of Hatton's feelings. As such, the person that should be getting all the stick is Hatton's uncle because going running to the newspapers and using Hatton's name into the bargain while slagging our club off is nothing short of a c***'s trick and if I was Hatton I'd be having a serious word with him.

I wouldn't mind betting that Hatton himself has probably decided to give the box up whilst causing the minimum of fuss. As has been stated already, that's his right. However, instead of running squealing to the press and giving shit excuses as to why Hatton can't sit in the "cheap seats", his uncle must have an utterly shit knowledge of our football club because anyone with half a brain knows there are plenty of other more affordable corporate options available anyway, so there's no need to sit with us "riff-raff". And whilst I agree it's a big hike in price, I bet those prices still compare favourably with other clubs at the top end of the table so it could be argued that the boxes have been undervalued for years.

American here, who doesn't follow boxing, much less Hatton's career, but is he retired? I saw him on the news after his brother's last match and he looks really bloated. So I figured he might be retired and most of his big paydays are behind him.

A lot of wealthy athletes have lost their fortunes, so maybe he's watching his money a little more than most.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Ricky Hatton is entitled to make whatever decision he wants regarding his box. It's his money after all.

But would he expect people to pay more to see him fight to defend his world title in Vegas than they would if he was fighting in an eliminator to challenge for the British title at the MEN Arena?

I think this sums it up. Like some of us who forked out to go to vegas to watch him then it's announced he's fighting in an arena the size of a shoe box instead of a stadium/arena which would have accomodated everybody. On this basis i cancelled my trip. I wish i'd have got my uncle to bleat to the papers though about that. I missed a trick there.

Though i'm not cynical enough to say that the chosen venue was money orientated , heaven forbid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.