Riot in Tottenham (continued)

SWP's back said:
nashark said:
SilvaLining said:
Even though all the violence is completely awful and cannot be justified, it does not mean that the underlying causes of tension can't be discussed or examined. To simply label this entire thing as the actions of some thugs looking for an excuse to go robbing without looking at the socio-economic reasons why they have this bleak, nihilistic mentality would be catastrophic.

I tried that last night but I might as well have been holidaying in Italy.

I don't think people are actually capable of seeing past "kids on the rob".

They are perfectly capable but in this instance, they do no need to.

When both myself and JMA agree on something, along with tuertsboots and Lancet Fluke, then you know a consensus is forming.

Is really is all about kids on the rob. Look at twitter, see the messages people are posting about the riots, trying to goad friends to come on with them on the rob, trying to focus on the more valuable stores and jewellers. This is not about a poor upbringing, it is shameless opportunism and you can't tell me the kids as young as 8-13 that have been arrested have any idea about cuts or such like.

You myopic anti-stablishment view is triesome which is a shame as I really like you as a poster.

You can add my name to the list of people agreeing with you. Time for the police AND the general public to get tough. Stand outside your home/business shoulder to shoulder with your neighbours. Still shocked that a couple of hundred kids can frighten bully intimidate and shut down half of London.

This is what we're up against..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424</a>

"We'll do what we want"

Sound familiar?

SWP's back said:
nashark said:
SilvaLining said:
Even though all the violence is completely awful and cannot be justified, it does not mean that the underlying causes of tension can't be discussed or examined. To simply label this entire thing as the actions of some thugs looking for an excuse to go robbing without looking at the socio-economic reasons why they have this bleak, nihilistic mentality would be catastrophic.

When both myself and JMA agree on something, along with tuertsboots and Lancet Fluke, then you know a consensus is forming.

Is really is all about kids on the rob. Look at twitter, see the messages people are posting about the riots, trying to goad friends to come on with them on the rob, trying to focus on the more valuable stores and jewellers. This is not about a poor upbringing, it is shameless opportunism and you can't tell me the kids as young as 8-13 that have been arrested have any idea about cuts or such like.

You myopic anti-stablishment view is triesome which is a shame as I really like you as a poster.

Agree with everything you say SWP, it's just scrotes on the rob.

Vile little bastards.

Carstairs said:
A mate of mine in Guildford has just been told by the Police to close and secure his bar as they are expecting trouble there.

Guildford!! ffs

Apparently it is because many of those arrested in SW London where taken to Guildford nick as it is the largest custody suite Surrey Constabulary has.

Guildford!

There are areas of deprivation there. Some households only have one car and can only afford one foreign holiday in the summer and a UK break at Easter.

ffs

Bazzmand Show said:
Blue Tooth said:
SWP's back said:
You've gone quiet Blue Tooth? Busy writing a retraction of my impeding libel case from the dead drug dealer?

I'd nipped out actually...last line of my last post was a clue. "I'm done"
I didn't like the tone of your comment. Thought it was distatseful to tar a whole group with one brush like that.
I stand corrected on the libel comment.
You obviously know a great deal more about that than I do.

At the end of the day my gripe is with the handling as I said...dealer or not his family really should have been informed by the force that he had been shot. They found out through the press.Not good.
We obviously differ on our views around this.
C'est La Vie.

Should we inform all the families of the kids he dealt drugs to about him? Should we inform all the families that were no doubt harmed by his gang?

It's not rocket science. The police have a duty to act in a manner which upholds the law they serve. It doesn't matter if he was a scumbag and all his family too. The law is the law and if they start to operate with impunity we are all in trouble.

SWP's back said:
nashark said:
SilvaLining said:

i agree as well

What actually constitutes a state of emergency? We've seen in foreign countries how they regain control of the streets. It makes me laugh how these "community leaders" blame everyone but the culprits. One day, ordinary working blokes like me in their 30s and 40s will decide enoughs enough.

SWP's back said:
nashark said:
SilvaLining said:

The thing is though, there are far too many of these kids who see no problem with going out looting. If these people had some moral compass instilled into them, some sense of belonging to a community or even just jobs to keep them occupied then even if the opportunity to riot was there, then they wouldn't. If rioting happened in Manchester, I wouldn't think about going to join in.

So what I'm saying is, the fact that nationwide there is this mass opportunistic sentiment suggests that something has gone seriously wrong with their backgrounds. It's possible to both condem the violence and analyse its causes without just saying, 'yeah they're all just greedy end of'. The question is why do they feel it is acceptable to be greedy and go out and loot? That's what has to be analysed and that necessarily comes down to their upbringing and their socio-economic prospects.

SWP's back said:
nashark said:
SilvaLining said:

Disagreed many times with you mate but on this, you are 100% correct.

Time to teach them a lesson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.