RIP Alan Smith

There are some bits of news that you hear that really shock you to the core and this was one of them.

I was never a lifelong friend or anything but on a good percentage of the home games over the last few years we'd end up on the same train home from City, sit next to each other and discuss the day's events. It's hard to believe that I'll never sit next to him again.

I am alan smiths brother from preston and have joined to register my heartfelt appreciation and thanks to everyone who has took the time to share their memories of my late brother on this page,although i am a preston fan ive enjoyed many good times watching his beloved city in my younger days on the kippax and in the north stand, and when as a youngster i went occasionally with john lynch and the fylde supporters club on coach trips.Ialso enjoyed many trips with him watching the national side a particular fond memory being in 1982 in bilbao where we danced in the fountains together to celebrate the end of the falklands war.Id like to wish all his mates and the rest of the city family all the best for the future and hope to maybe see some of the old faces and people ive never met one day as your warmth and love shown towards him during and after his life has deeply touched me at this sad time.Im sure after monday he will be reunited somewhere in the sky with wardy from accrington and they will be sharing a cider and creating havoc as usual,just hope there is not too much kareoke equipment up there to spare peoples ears as id expect it to be a more peaceful and sedate place than the ones in the pubs and clubs of the uk and europe he sang on in this life,once again thanks.....city city manchester city we are the boys who are playing to win.....city.....the boys in blue will never give in....god bless all of you and your families in the future

I am alan smiths brother from preston and have joined to register my heartfelt appreciation and thanks to everyone who has took the time to share their memories of my late brother on this page,although i am a preston fan ive enjoyed many good times watching his beloved city in my younger days on the kippax and in the north stand, and when as a youngster i went occasionally with john lynch and the fylde supporters club on coach trips.Ialso enjoyed many trips with him watching the national side a particular fond memory being in 1982 in bilbao where we danced in the fountains together to celebrate the end of the falklands war.Id like to wish all his mates and the rest of the city family all the best for the future and hope to maybe see some of the old faces and people ive never met one day as your warmth and love shown towards him during and after his life has deeply touched me at this sad time.Im sure after monday he will be reunited somewhere in the sky with wardy from accrington and they will be sharing a cider and creating havoc as usual,just hope there is not too much kareoke equipment up there to spare peoples ears as id expect it to be a more peaceful and sedate place than the ones in the pubs and clubs of the uk and europe he sang on in this life,once again thanks.....city city manchester city we are the boys who are playing to win.....city.....the boys in blue will never give in....god bless all of you and your families in the future
Cheers John, see you on Monday you will recognise me instantly you've been to matches with me and Alan and shared many a beer together, God bless you

Thankyou everyone for your fantastic tributes to my husband and Joe's Dad. He meant the world to both of us and life for us will never be the same. Rest In Peace My Alan. For anyone wanting to attend Alan's wake it will be at Golborne Community Bowling Club for karaoke disco to celebrate his life in the way he would've wished xxxxxxx

We live, we die and me all eventually meet up again. I truly believe that.

We are just here for a visit.

Thankyou everyone for your fantastic tributes to my husband and Joe's Dad. He meant the world to both of us and life for us will never be the same. Rest In Peace My Alan. For anyone wanting to attend Alan's wake it will be at Golborne Community Bowling Club for karaoke disco to celebrate his life in the way he would've wished xxxxxxx
love you sis we will all be there for you xxx

Hi John, im in Longridge pal if you fancy meeting up today.
I'm meeting Phil and Henry hopefully in morn at train station 8.30 ish.

Heres my mobile 07462199373

RIP Smithy, a fanatical City fan & a really nice guy. I had the pleasure of boozing with him before & after dozens of City home & away games over the years. He was always great company & will be sadly missed by everybody that knew him.

Rest in peace Alan.Total shock to hear this sad news.My thought are with you John and to his wife and young son for there sad lose.I was Alan's first wife back in the 80's I travelled to 58 league grounds with him in that time.Reading John and Rodney haggis post about world cup 82 remember when they went down to Madrid I had a phone call one night thinking it would be Alan - no it was a lady from Madrid embassy saying Alan and Rod had been detained by the police and could I confirm his details to be realest.Just one off his antics far to many to list. Give him a good send off tomorrow know their will be a lot of friends an fellow city fans. R I P Alan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.