RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

RIP Bill. Didn't know him personally beyond his posts on here but reading through this thread makes you realise what a truly decent bloke he was. Very sad, condolences to those who did know him 'properly'.

Am I imagining it or did Bill come to a meet up dressed as a clown? I would usually think I dreamt it but we are talking about Bill
Yes he did indeed , we all met up ath the lower turks head, in the roof garden as i recall, and he did turn up as a clown. There is photographic proof somewhere , if i can find it i will post it. EDIT found it

Attachments

• bill.jpg
    bill.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Not unexpected, but still very sad news.

Bill was a lovely man whose qualities shine through in the messages already posted. He was a friend to me and a support when needed.

Rest in peace Bill.

Sincere condolences to all of those feeling Bill's loss and especially to his family xx

Such sad news and that Bill’s passing will be rued by so many speaks volumes about his character.

I only had the pleasure of his company the once - needed some floor covering for a Gazebo for my daughter’s 16th Birthday (she’s 28 now) so I didn’t ruin the lawn, and quick as a flash Bill offered to sort me out with a load of carpet off cuts.

He refused to take anything for his time or trouble (as a fellow blue I was as good as family) and despite having loads to do that day, as I’m sure Bill did, we ended up having a brew and a chatting about City for ages whilst he wound up the carpet fitters who were constantly popping in and out during my time there.

Heartfelt condolences to his beloved family and friends.

You were a proper good un @deNiro - rest in peace my blue friend…and enjoy the banter on the other side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.