RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Only met Bill once in his shop but i didn't know him. I would have liked to have known him because i think we'd have got on. He PMd me a few times with warnings and possibly banned me. No hard feelings since though. I know PB banned me when he was a mod and we laughed it off at a meet up. I've met Colin a few times since and have the utmost respect for him especially for giving me 2 match tickets from the kindness of his heart. Thanks mate.

Although there's quite a bit of arguing and dick measuring on this forum it's not like that at meet ups and games, and I've met at least 40 blues off here and all have been sound in the real world.

Jeanie and the family have now decided, given the huge popularity of Bill, that there will be a funeral. I will post the date as soon as confirmed.
City colours welcomed/encouraged and all welcome but there is likely to be no wake afterwards.
Will update further when confirmed.
As kbb said we will update you on a date and time the original date and time may now be changed as it’s a match day

Legends transcend the norm in how we usually perceive them; the cliche is almost always attached to a form of celebrity, however, for me it’s how one impacts us personally, regardless of the common thought process…

I had a very dark spot in my life a number of years back; I’d never met him but he reached out over pm, he flew up to see me; had a few drinks and put a bit of light back in my soul; a truly wonderful human being who cared enough, unconditionally, to put an arm around me, seeing past the bravado and giving a fuck about a person who had butted heads with, many times over a football forum…

Legend? Too right and one who encompasses what it is to be kind, even to the biggest of dickheads (which I was)… I did a lot of growing up from that small moment in time and despite his atrocious football analysis (: the message is clear: real life takes strong individuals to open our eyes sometimes, he’ll be missed but never forgotten from me…

Rest in peace my friend!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.