RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Great to see so many of you there today and I know Bill was in the thoughts of many other Bluemooners who couldn’t make it. We are lucky to have this forum and Ric’s leadership.

What a wonderful service. also loved recounting and listening to tales with other Blues focussed on Bill’s kindness, sense of humour and bravery.

A true gentleman and the WUM king.

So sad and sorry I couldn’t be there today, but I had a pre-existing professional commitment from January that I simply couldn’t displace.

it sounds like it was a suitably big and warm send off.

Bill was a great guy. I liked him enormously. He made the world a discernibly better place.

I left Manchester when I was eight in the late sixties and was gutted to leave my mates behind. If it is the same Billy Lyons he was a great kid and a cheeky little bugger.I have great memories of my early days of going down to Clayton bridge station on my bike to watch the steam trains pas I have posted before. I cried for weeks when I left my friends behind and had no doubt that Billy would grow into a top bloke. My memories remain as clear as day after fifty odd years . I used to live in Amos avenue and thanks for the memories my little mate RIP

There was a lot of warmth in the room..and a lovely well delivered eulogy. Glad I went.

Although...anyone who thinks The Duke of Wellington is a 'dodgy boozer' should probably get out more!...it is one of the finer establishments in Blackley ...
Proper pub.
Yeah there are some proper dodgy pubs in Blackley most of which have been closed ha

I owe @Tim of the Oak a pint too.....

There was a lot of warmth in the room..and a lovely well delivered eulogy. Glad I went.

Although...anyone who thinks The Duke of Wellington is a 'dodgy boozer' should probably get out more!...it is one of the finer establishments in Blackley ...
We thought it was a nice pub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.