RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

It's really nice to see some of the "old" posters, who haven't posted on the forum for years, come on and say such lovely words. It's definitely a measure of how much Bill was admired and liked, isn't it.
100% this
Also gladdened to see some of Bill’s late pals like Sam, Sue and Andy being fondly remembered
I stopped posting on here for a while after Sam and Sue’s deaths, I met Sam only a few days before his untimely death for a beer and to help him out with tickets for the Stone Roses reunion at Heaton Park. Knocked me sideways to read the news less than a week later
That was a hammer blow, and then Sue passing suddenly, so shortly afterwards, made for a horrible summer
As someone else posted earlier, the entire Fixer episode showed Bill’s empathy and humanity, even if the other guy turned out to have obvious issues way beyond repairing on a football forum
Loved reading this thread and especially the picture from @youngbob
Only went to one meet up, think it was at the Crown and Anchor in the NQ, a great laugh

Last edited:
Heard the sad news from his wife Jeanie earlier today, but wasn't sure whether or not to post it on here until I had her blessing.

Bill was a lovely man, one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet, and a huge part of the forum since it started over 20 years ago. He and his daughter Jess were at the first ever Bluemoon get together back in the day at The Square Albert in town. Over the years he became a great friend, and in many respects something of a father figure, and I will miss him dearly.

I went to see him a few months ago and it was clear how severely his condition had deteriorated, as MND is a cruel disease, but he remained in high spirits and still had his mischevious sense of humour. Glad he got to see us win the treble.

Thoughts are with Jeanie, Jess and the rest of his family at this sad time.
Lovely that Ric...

An absolute legend of a blue and a stalwart of this forum.

I had the privilege of meeting Bill and his online persona and friendliness was no different in person.

He bravely battled his illness and I hope he is now at peace having witnessed his beloved Blues win the lot and all in you know whose lifetime to boot.

God bless you Bill, sleep easy pal.

Thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.