RIP Bill Lyons (@Bill, previously @de niro) update re funeral pg 51/JustGiving link p52

Bill was obviously a forum legend on here. The stories of him helping out large numbers of Blues, including those he didn't know or barely knew and often putting himself our a great deal in the process, are heart-warming.

My only contact with him came when I was working in Moscow and he visited when City faced CSKA in the Champions League. That brief encounter left me with an impression of him as a royally entertaining bloke who was great company.

Condolences to his friends and family, who have lost a really good one. RIP, Bill.

Jeanie and the family have confirmed the funeral will be at Blackley Crem on 28 Feb at 3pm.
City colours encouraged.
I am sure Bluemooners will do him proud
Hopefully beat Luton the night before but there would be a sense of irony if we get knocked out as like all us FOC’s we’ve seen plenty of ups and downs over the years.

I met Bill in the Fernhurst at Blackburn away when we won 4-0 under Mancini. He wanted a pint quick sharp and I was near the front of a very long queue. He stood next to me and started talking to me like I was his son so that I could get his drinks.

Funny bloke on here and from our brief encounter in real life. We had a few disagreements on here, particularly during Operation Twat but he was always one to forget a disagreement immediately.

Thoughts to all his family and friends.

I've not been on BM for approx 12 years but after just being informed of the news that Bill had passed away I just wanted to pass on my condolences to Bill's family and friends.

I met Bill for the first time over twenty years ago and instantly knew he was one of life 's 'good ones'.

Absolute diamond of a geezer, warm, generous, loyal, funny, intelligent, loving and caring.

My family and I will never forget the help afforded to us from Bill during a time in our lives we were 'up against it'.

I'm glad that he got to see us win the treble last season.

I'll never forget you Bill.

Attachments

• IMG_8426.jpeg
    IMG_8426.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 353

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.