RIP Bobby Ball

Another good un' leaves us .....

R.I.P Bobby ...

(his real name was Robert Harper, born in Oldham)

0_Bobby-Ball-death.jpg

Last edited:
Saw them in Blackpool Opera House 1980s summer season. Sold the place out every night and it's a huge theatre.
They had the audience in the palm of their hands. Hilarious in their time.
Rock in Peace Bobby.

RIP Bobby
Remember when I was younger being woken up by my dad roaring with laughter at the TV. In the morning I asked him who it was and he said to blokes from around our way called Cannon and Ball. Next time they were on he let me watch as well and I roared with laughter as well. Anything that made my old man laugh must have done something right.

Sad news,spent many a time in my childhood watching these two on the telly,very funny duo

I also saw them in Blackpool many years ago as well,sold out show as was the norm

Saw Cannon and Ball on the North Pier in 1980, they were brilliant. Lenny Henry and Roger De Courcey on the same bill, tickets were £5.
Bobby was really good in Not Going Out as well. RIP Bobby.
I saw em in 80 aswell on the North Pier, Maggie Moon on the bill aswell from Name That Tune, even bought some Rock On Tommy braces, RIP cocker, you were quality Bobby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.