RIP Bobby Ball

My old fella worked with them for a bit in his early days as a welder. He used to make sure we watched pretty much everything they did on TV. Great memories.

Worked at his house many years ago fitting carpets for Carpet World, Newton Heath.
Out in the sticks, think it was Milnrow. He wasn't there but kept ringing up his missus to check how things were going. Might have been in Blackpool on the summer season.

R.I.P Bobby.

Last edited:
Worked at his house many years fitting carpets for Carpet World, Newton Heath.
Out in the sticks, think it was Milnrow. He wasn't there but kept ringing up his missus to check how things were going. Might have been in Blackpool on the summer season.

R.I.P Bobby.
My old man told me a similar story yesterday,said they were working in his home,Oldham way,and he got the vacuum out.....he then started laughing and said 'you tell anyone you have seen me with the hoover and i'll kill you'

Said he was a brilliant bloke.

I'm a Shaw Gaubie and saw them right at the start in the Wigwam in Shaw, you'll really have to look it up if you are younger than 50 haha

I think they were both welders at Crane Fruehauf in Royton
Paddy’s Wigwam... yes they were welders at Crane Fruehauf.

Very sad watching tommy then. As weve all said, HUGE part of my growing up.
Saturday nights, go the match with my dad, wait outside the newsagents for the pink, and home for tea and cannon and ball.

rock on bobby

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.