RIP Frankie Knuckles

blueballoon said:
crystal_mais said:
A very Sad day indeed. This guy was a legend of the House Music scene, a wonderful human being and somebody who had inspired me and many across the world. Such a sad loss, I know people who went to see him play in London on Saturday night and what a privilege they said it was. He smashed the place. I was actually listening to his Def Mix party set last week.

Will be missed. R.I.P Frankie Knuckles - The god father of house music

Fucking legend and the soundtrack to the wildest and at times happiest days of my life, 25 years since 1989....fuck me where did it all go
Ah spot on there fella is it really that long fekin jaysus where's the years gone
R,I,p, Frankie

Not really my type of music but even an old square like me could tell he was a class act.

RIP.

Been listening to sets by him for the last 25 years,the guy was top draw when it came to House music.

He was one of the DJs that still has me living in the past,I have 100s of sets now from bitd.

RIP Frankie

mancitymick said:
Never ducking heard of him?
As a DJ who was getting fed up of the disco scene in his nightclub, The warehouse,. Frankie Knuckles was one of, if not the, very first people in the world to start messing with old Roland drum machines, samplers and bass sequencers to produce a hypnotic, repetitive dance sound for the club. These experimental tracks spawned a who new genre which eventually, via a UK cultural revolution, exploded all over the world and had profound effects on music and behaviour everywhere.

Didsbury Dave said:
mancitymick said:
As a DJ who was getting fed up of the disco scene in his nightclub, The warehouse,. Frankie Knuckles was one of, if not the, very first people in the world to start messing with old Roland drum machines, samplers and bass sequencers to produce a hypnotic, repetitive dance sound for the club. These experimental tracks spawned a who new genre which eventually, via a UK cultural revolution, exploded all over the world and had profound effects on music and behaviour everywhere.

A bit like Alan 'Fluff' Freeman.

Zubrman said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mancitymick said:

A bit like Alan 'Fluff' Freeman.

arf

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-tells-agony-hands-bbc-2292125" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ma ... bc-2292125</a>

Last night I went down to the theatre where my 8 year old daughter was performing in some dance thing involving kids from the local infant and junior schools. Booming from the PA, as these kids did their routines, and hundreds of parents clapped and whooped along, was a stream of house derivative music, with 909 drum loops, off-beat 909 high hats and thumping, repetitive bass lines. I thought of Frankie Knuckles, 30 years ago, across the world, messing about in front of a club full of drugged up gays and freaks, and marvelled at his legacy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.